What's new

Kava History Geare, R. I. 1909. “Kava Drinking.” National Druggist Magazine, 1909.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Kava Drinking - National Druggist 1909.jpg

Citation: Geare, R. I. 1909. “Kava Drinking.” National Druggist Magazine, 1909.

Note: Picture is of Wallis & Fatuna, not Tonga as mentioned in the article. (Per personal conversation with Michael Louze)

Also note: I bought this book, and am waiting on it to arrive from Ebay. So there may be even more kava related information contained within. Stay tuned.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
View attachment 12759

Citation: Geare, R. I. 1909. “Kava Drinking.” National Druggist Magazine, 1909.

Note: Picture is of Wallis & Fatuna, not Tonga as mentioned in the article. (Per personal conversation with Michael Louze)

Also note: I bought this book, and am waiting on it to arrive from Ebay. So there may be even more kava related information contained within. Stay tuned.
This is another fantastic find! "Kavalion" is a term I have only heard once. I have to wonder how it was determined the photo was taken in Wallis & Fatuna?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This is another fantastic find! "Kavalion" is a term I have only heard once. I have to wonder how it was determined the photo was taken in Wallis & Fatuna?
"It was initially published as a postcard by the French, I have a dozen of these postcards sent between 1902-1905 , written in French and stamped." - Louze

Last edited: