What's new

Getting Kava sent to the UK

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Hi all,

I want to get some Kava over to the UK and I've noticed that vendors aren't offering shipping to the UK anymore like they used to.

I know people on here have been using Stackry to get their Kava shipped, but apparently thats no longer any good. Are there any other alternatives that work?

Can any other UK based people tell me their experiences getting it sent to the UK? How often do parcels get seized? What's the best method to get it sent over and avoid it getting seized?

From what I understand, Kava is illegal to be imported into the UK for human consumption, but not illegal if it's being imported as a pet supplement. If that's the case, why does it get seized? Surely if I make clear that it's a pet supplement, it should avoid it getting seized, no?

I've used Edward in the past (who I highly recommend BTW), but I would like to start ordering directly from the vendors and order larger amounts at once for myself if possible.

Many thanks!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Charlie and I have had a chat about this but for the benefit of any other readers I'll write something here too.

There are no easy ways to get kava into the uk anymore. I have ways and means to do it but it is expensive. I'm aware that my prices seem high at the moment and there are a few reasons for this. The main thing is the gbpusd exchange rate being so low. This adds to the cost of the kava itself but also the shipping which is a large expense on it's own. Also I need to factor in the risk of a parcel being seized. So far I've had about £4000 worth of kava seized by customs.

As soon as the exchange rate comes back I will be able to drop the price but at the moment it is what it is.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Hi all,

I want to get some Kava over to the UK and I've noticed that vendors aren't offering shipping to the UK anymore like they used to.

I know people on here have been using Stackry to get their Kava shipped, but apparently thats no longer any good. Are there any other alternatives that work?

Can any other UK based people tell me their experiences getting it sent to the UK? How often do parcels get seized? What's the best method to get it sent over and avoid it getting seized?

From what I understand, Kava is illegal to be imported into the UK for human consumption, but not illegal if it's being imported as a pet supplement. If that's the case, why does it get seized? Surely if I make clear that it's a pet supplement, it should avoid it getting seized, no?

I've used Edward in the past (who I highly recommend BTW), but I would like to start ordering directly from the vendors and order larger amounts at once for myself if possible.

Many thanks!
Try Nakamelathome.

Thekavaroots

Thekavasocietynz.

And Kalmwithkavaeurope.

I never ordered yet from thekavaroots, but those other 3 vendors I have had 100% smooth sailing success with recently shipping to UK.

And if course there is our very own fantastic Edward.

I mean, for me so far, daily drinker since November, Ive had zero difficulties?

Just a shame that some very high quality kava companies dont appear to offer UK shipping, namely GHK and Kavatime.

But Edward appears to be able to help with those avenues. I certainly hope to be checking him again when I actually need some restock. I adore the Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu he helped me acquire.

But I also fell in love last night with Pouni Ono, a 20 gram single Aluball, 370ml 1st wash, 330ml 2nd wash, mixed.

Wow, I mean I had already had a 15 gram shell of N@H Wow a while earlier in the evening, and a good lot from early morning to midday, but the effect I had from the Pouni Ono was hands down the best, nicest and most purely happy feeling I have had from any kava so far to date I believe.

Wow Kava I find quite heavy and lethargic. Pouni Ono is as opposite as it gets IME so far.

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
Just shipped some out today.. It shouldn't be a problem if you label it right. Check out my website if your interested.

Cheers!

Hey BFK, do you ship to Australia? What do you put on the customs label? Any mention of kava on the packaging or labeling means it would get seized by customs on the way in here...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Hey BFK, do you ship to Australia? What do you put on the customs label? Any mention of kava on the packaging or labeling means it would get seized by customs on the way in here...
Do you find that if you label it as something else you can usually get it in? What's the penalty if you get caught?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Try Nakamelathome.

Thekavaroots

Thekavasocietynz.

And Kalmwithkavaeurope.

I never ordered yet from thekavaroots, but those other 3 vendors I have had 100% smooth sailing success with recently shipping to UK.

And if course there is our very own fantastic Edward.

I mean, for me so far, daily drinker since November, Ive had zero difficulties?

Just a shame that some very high quality kava companies dont appear to offer UK shipping, namely GHK and Kavatime.

But Edward appears to be able to help with those avenues. I certainly hope to be checking him again when I actually need some restock. I adore the Kavatime Gourmet Savusavu he helped me acquire.

But I also fell in love last night with Pouni Ono, a 20 gram single Aluball, 370ml 1st wash, 330ml 2nd wash, mixed.

Wow, I mean I had already had a 15 gram shell of N@H Wow a while earlier in the evening, and a good lot from early morning to midday, but the effect I had from the Pouni Ono was hands down the best, nicest and most purely happy feeling I have had from any kava so far to date I believe.

Wow Kava I find quite heavy and lethargic. Pouni Ono is as opposite as it gets IME so far.
From any source anywhere you always run the risk of it getting seized no matter what it's labelled as. You will get good runs of parcels getting through but I've had nearly £4000 seized in the last 3 or 4 years. I think in the future we will have to think of better ways to get kava through. I'm working on a way that would mean a good, regular supply but more importantly it should bring the price down too! Once the gbpusd rate comes back that is.

bestfijikava.com

Hayward, CA
Kava Vendor
Due to legal reasons I can't answer the question directly on here but if you message me at [email protected] I can help you out with that. As for a general answer to this question... you could put it as food supplements or something else and not use original packaging. I hope this helps. Cheers!

bestfijikava.com

Hayward, CA
Kava Vendor
Do you find that if you label it as something else you can usually get it in? What's the penalty if you get caught?
The penalty is a maximum of 8 years in prison for a "commercial quantity" of kava. But im sure vendors get in small amounts all the time.

Also kava sniffing dogs is just a funny thing to hear :D

Nodsey

Kava Enthusiast
I've received some labelled as 'herbal tea', but if it's labelled as 'Kava' it will just get seized. I've had 2 packages seized, the punishment so far seems to be a letter saying 'we've seized your kava'! Not sure what the consequences would be for repeated seizures...

WaitingForGrogot

Kava Curious
We need to start lobbying the gov for a change in the law. However unlikely it seems Poland and Australia have relaxed their laws recently - so there is some hope. They're both countries with very strict laws on psychoactives too. Maybe that old picture of the Queen drinking a shell could help our campaign...
gettyimages-56800075-1024x1024.jpg