What's new

Getting Kisa's Kava today, plan on trying it out tonight or tomorrow

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
I am so excited to try some good quality Kava to see how I will like the experience. It looks like the muslin bags are going to be a few more days until they arrive, but I'm supposed to be getting the kava today.

If I decide to try it out tonight or tomorrow without the muslin bags, what could I use instead? I don't have any nylon on hand but I could look for an old t shirt that I don't care about.

Other than posting this question, I mostly just posted this because I'm really excited to try it lol. I've been patiently waiting all week.

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
Awesome thanks! I read that a t shirt will work but I wanted to hear from people who have actually used that before so yeah. Geez I'm so excited I feel like a child on Christmas day lol! I'll let you all know how my experience goes.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Awesome thanks! I read that a t shirt will work but I wanted to hear from people who have actually used that before so yeah. Geez I'm so excited I feel like a child on Christmas day lol! I'll let you all know how my experience goes.
Pantyhose also works quite well. Just cut the foot off, throw your root in there, tie the end and go to town.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I am so excited to try some good quality Kava to see how I will like the experience. It looks like the muslin bags are going to be a few more days until they arrive, but I'm supposed to be getting the kava today.

If I decide to try it out tonight or tomorrow without the muslin bags, what could I use instead? I don't have any nylon on hand but I could look for an old t shirt that I don't care about.

Other than posting this question, I mostly just posted this because I'm really excited to try it lol. I've been patiently waiting all week.
That’s some very great good kava.

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
So I used an old clean tanktop and it worked perfectly for it. I followed the directions on the package and used 2 tablespoons kneaded with 1 cup of water. It said 1 cup of water per serving and I figured id start with one serving to see how I feel.

I drank it a few minutes ago and I'm already feeling something coming on. is it normal to kick in this fast? Not complaining at all but damn I'm already feeling relaxed and content and happy.

After 20 minutes or so I'll make another batch with the maka as I heard you can make more than one batch with the same stuff you already strained.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
So I used an old clean tanktop and it worked perfectly for it. I followed the directions on the package and used 2 tablespoons kneaded with 1 cup of water. It said 1 cup of water per serving and I figured id start with one serving to see how I feel.

I drank it a few minutes ago and I'm already feeling something coming on. is it normal to kick in this fast? Not complaining at all but damn I'm already feeling relaxed and content and happy.

After 20 minutes or so I'll make another batch with the maka as I heard you can make more than one batch with the same stuff you already strained.
I feel it in less than 5 minutes on average, so yep, totally normal.

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
It was a pretty good experience. I made a few more shells after that one, spacing out each dose by 20 minutes or more. The effects were there when I took the first shell but shortly after the effects seemed to go away. I may still have a bit of a reverse tolerance since I'm still fairly new to it. Overall it was a good experience. I'll try it again tonight

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
I just kneaded another batch and I think I know what I did wrong. my first batch last night seemed to have effect but the other ones I don't think I kneaded them enough. I compared the leftover Kava that I made last night to the Kava that I made just now, and it's darker in color.

you live and learn, this whole thing is definitely a learning experience and it's really exciting.

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
So I've continued to experiment with this kava and for the most part I'm really not feeling much effects from it. I've noticed subtle effects like feeling slightly more calm. I made sure to knead it long enough and drink on an empty stomach. My reverse tolerance is still there. Does anyone else have experience with RT and when should I expect it to go away?

I've felt effects from this a couple of times but they were pretty short lived. And now I'm back to not feeling much of anything lol. I'll keep trying!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So I've continued to experiment with this kava and for the most part I'm really not feeling much effects from it. I've noticed subtle effects like feeling slightly more calm. I made sure to knead it long enough and drink on an empty stomach. My reverse tolerance is still there. Does anyone else have experience with RT and when should I expect it to go away?

I've felt effects from this a couple of times but they were pretty short lived. And now I'm back to not feeling much of anything lol. I'll keep trying!
Legend says if you prep 8 tbs, you can probably bypass RT. If not, try making with less water. The kavalactones will start building up in your system, as you drink more and more, it catches up to you sooner or later. :)

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
Legend says if you prep 8 tbs, you can probably bypass RT. If not, try making with less water. The kavalactones will start building up in your system, as you drink more and more, it catches up to you sooner or later. :)
Alright man I took your word for it. I didn't have quite 8 tablespoons left it was more like 6 or 7. And then I kneaded with 3 cups water. I just got done drinking my first shell of it. Mouth is super numb lol I'll let you know how it goes. I got some leftover makas in the freezer and I'll have to order some more soon lol.

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
I still didn't really feel much of anything. It gave me a slight relaxation but aside from that my reverse tolerance is still there. Oh well, I'll keep trying :)

Kava-noob

Kava Curious
I've had many shells tonight probably like 5 or so. And most of them were from the makas I thawed out from the freezer. I'm feeling a sensation similar to being slightly drunk, my body feels light and I feel very relaxed. My mind is in this headspace where I'm so content with everything and not worrying about stuff. :) This was worth the wait