What's new

GHK Kava Shortage?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I had some time this morning so I wanted to come on and let all of you kava lovers why I have not had all my varieties of Hawaiian kava to offer to you folks. Some have wondered if there might be a kava shortage.
There is no kava shortage for GHK, I still have plenty of kava growing but I just have not had any time to harvest any and process it.
My Mom was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer and has been getting chemo therapy. She almost died from this last round of chemo and she will not be getting anymore chemo because of that reason.
I am not sure how things will be yet, I would like to take her to the Mainland to see some better doctors but with this virus stuff it is hard. My Mom is getting better and getting stronger each day but we still have a ways to go to see if she is going to beat this cancer.
I am hoping to have some time to devote to my kava very soon and I will have more varieties of medium grind and everybody's favorite, the Hawaiian instant kava.
I am sorry for any hum bug this might have caused and I hope you all are doing well and that you all stay safe.
Thank you all for your support throughout the years. Aloha nui loa.

Chris

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi everyone, I had some time this morning so I wanted to come on and let all of you kava lovers why I have not had all my varieties of Hawaiian kava to offer to you folks. Some have wondered if there might be a kava shortage.
There is no kava shortage for GHK, I still have plenty of kava growing but I just have not had any time to harvest any and process it.
My Mom was diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer and has been getting chemo therapy. She almost died from this last round of chemo and she will not be getting anymore chemo because of that reason.
I am not sure how things will be yet, I would like to take her to the Mainland to see some better doctors but with this virus stuff it is hard. My Mom is getting better and getting stronger each day but we still have a ways to go to see if she is going to beat this cancer.
I am hoping to have some time to devote to my kava very soon and I will have more varieties of medium grind and everybody's favorite, the Hawaiian instant kava.
I am sorry for any hum bug this might have caused and I hope you all are doing well and that you all stay safe.

Chris
Chris please take whatever time you need with your mom. The most precious commodity we ever have is our time. Spend it wisely. We'll be here for you when you get back :)

Zaphod

Kava Lover

Chris
We don't need kava nearly as much as your mom needs you. We can wait. Peace.

TheKavaFlow

Kava Podcaster

Chris
All my best wishes to you and your family, Chris. Aloha nui loa back at you and your mom.

hightides42

our Roots run deep
Very tough time to be facing, prayers from the heart for you, your mom and family. Might consider hiring help (temp?) so as to keep your business going strong and allow you to focus where its most important~

really appreciate your openness on this, we were growing concerned watching inventories this past two months and after having had Moi, Papa Kea, Mahakea, and Nene varieties and instantly becoming quite fond of your Hawaiian Awa's, including instant(s) which we had not tried before!

Be well, Chris, stay strong and give yourself the time to focus on the fam~

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
I cared for my Mom while she battled cancer. It was exhausting but I wouldn't trade the time I spent with her. Take good care of yourself and your Mom. I look forward to trying your products. I've not gotten to try them yet. Deep peace and health to you and your Mom.

javand

So sorry to hear that Chris, my dad's wife (stepmom I guess, I'm too old lol), has been going through the same, had procedures related to her cancer (and was improving) schedule right before covid went buck-wild, soon as they had a case at the hospital where it was scheduled they put everything on indefinite hold, and she's been declining constantly, think she finally has made some progress but it's scary to think how much collateral damage unrelated to covid is being caused by it. I think it's something most people take for granted with all their rhetoric and finger pointing.

Anyway, best wishes for your Mom, I'm sure with all your care and support, she has the best chance anyone could hope for.

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
Chris I don't get on here often, as I have been dealing with family illness myself the last few years, I just want to send best wishes, you HAVE to put family first. And take care of yourself at the same time.