What's new

Ginger

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I put ginger powder in my kava 95% of the time. I'm very prone to nausea and bloat, I think the ginger helps but I still have some discomfort quite a bit even with the ginger. There was a time when I had some carminative tea that I'd drink after kava, it seemed to often push everything through and make a kava rush happen, and when I get a good kava rush, all the stomach discomfort usually goes away. I should probably find more if that tea again and see if it still does that too me...I think it had Ginger, Fennel, Cardomom and maybe peppermint in it. I think the heat of the tea liquid helps too.

::happyshell::

KavaKween

Kava Curious
Yes, occasionally I've added some powdered ginger to my milk/dk choc brew blend. There's also a great ginger syrup from Mountain Rose Herbs that is a good way to spice up a recipe (I use it mostly for my sorbets). If you are looking to combat nausea, I think it will help. I've also used powdered ginger to aid digestion of some dry herbal supplements that I take.

I love ginger but am not a fan of the ginger/chocolate blend so I don't use it in my kava brew often. My goal is to mask the kava taste, so the dark chocolate is the most important additive. No reason ginger can't be mixed with other flavorings if you want- like coconut, pineapple, tea, etc. Actually sounds pretty good :)

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
I really like brewing a batch of kava with fresh ginger tea sometimes. It both masks and compliments the flavor. Worth at least trying out, IMO. Hope you like it

Zaphod

Kava Lover
No, no, no...I can not recommend drowning gingers in kava. It is a horrible waste of kava.

Sorry - in all seriousness I don't put ginger in my kava, but I do enjoy ginger beer (Fever-Tree being my favorite) to calm the stomach if you get a bit of nausea. I have also made my own ginger drink with fresh grated ginger in sparkling water. I am a big fan of a strong ginger flavor.