What's new

Global Kava Exports closing down?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KavaOdyssey

I just went onto their site to order some QKP, and they are out of stock of almost everything.

The only items left in stock are 25g of QKP, 100g of Tanna Kaolik, 100g of Tanna Marang Marang. In fact the listings for 500g and 1000g of the Tanna's have been pulled entirely from the site. This is such as a shame what with them being the only Kava supplier in Europe / the UK. I was really looking forward to some Malekula Magic :cry:. And there is absolutely no point in ordering 100g of either Tanna's let alone 25g of QKP for me.

I tried importing, while I got some lovely Kava, Kava Root Plus from Kona Kava Farm, boy did I regret it financially. I ordered 1 pound of Root+, and 1 ounce of their Kava paste. Including fast ( Ha! ) delivery, I paid £135!, and then another £30 or so in import duty & fees. That made for some extremely expensive Kava, considering I thought GKE's Kava was too expensive at the rate I consume it. That is more expensive than a hard drug habit I should imagine! The Kava paste was just not worth it either. It said to take two small pea sized amounts a day. Utter rubbish. I'd need to take two very large pea sized amounts in one sitting to feel anything at all, and even then, mostly it just made my mouth numb.

I digress, so, what is happening with GKE? Is BRExit really affecting them? Or more likely, the new psychoactive drug bill?
Why do the UK have to have such perverse drug laws? - It's just about making sure they sell the most legal ones to make the shed loads of tax to fund all those pointless wars and things such as Trident. :grumpy::meh::(

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor

KavaOdyssey

Lovely root from Kona? I am not sure I can believe it considering their absolutely horrible reputation here and their long history of misleading claims, tudei spiking, dishonest marketing etc.. http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads...th-kona-kava-farm-kava-com-or-kava-guru.4901/
I didn't know about any of that, at the time to be honest. That particular Kava has Tudei phenotypes, 254 or something like that, even though according to Kona it is not actually a Tudei, and I wanted to try a Tudei. It is the first Kava that made me Kava drunk on my first batch that I prepared, it was too strong, which was a amusing experience, double vision for a half hour, and so on.

It is like a Tudei I would say, in that it does make you very tired, and ever so slightly hungover the next day. I was more interested in it due to phenotype being 254 or 524, whichever one it was, in particular the 2 and 5 phenotype being both relaxing kavatones. So all in all, it is lovely Kava, just far far to expensive, and not enough of the '4' phenotype, the one that induces euphoria. Also not suitable to daytime use. As for their reputation, I know all about them now, and I doubt I will order from them again. I need to find someone who imports to the UK, but somehow avoid any VAT or import tax.

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
It seems like vendors are dropping like flies lately...hum, maybe I should start selling kava, lol. I always wanted to :cool:
My fear is I will drink it all :hungry:

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
By all means, if you have a good concept for selling kava in Europe go ahead. I would speculate though, that its a complicated business that is increasingly unprofitable due to kava shortages.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
By all means, if you have a good concept for selling kava in Europe go ahead. I would speculate though, that its a complicated business that is increasingly unprofitable due to kava shortages.
I meant in the US, I am just sad to see so many vendors dropping out of the kava market lately, most recently confirmed by @Kavasseur that Paradise is no longer in business. After all the excellent reviews I read about them, it is a shame I'll never have a chance to try any of it.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Well, the situation was far worse five or six years ago. We only had a few vendors in the old days - Nakamal at Home, Kava by Rex, Kule's Kava, Pacific Kava....

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Well, the situation was far worse five or six years ago. We only had a few vendors in the old days - Nakamal at Home, Kava by Rex, Kule's Kava, Pacific Kava....
Is GKE really going out of business too Doug?

Last edited:

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I've heard a rumor that there is light at the end of the horizon when it comes to GKE..so i'll just stay put and hope for the best!

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Not 100% clear but should be good.

I don't think they want to reveal too much at this point.

In any case, i ordered some MM - that's what you can do right now and who knows what the future will bring. I'd rather be on the safe side.
For all we know, the new project could be a charity and not be kava related....

all i can say is, that it's supposed to be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.