What's new

Global Kava Exports (Ireland)

kl.radiantmaniac

Kava Curious
These guys say they are the only EU-based company that sells kava root powder.  Anyone here ordered from them?

I'm considering ordering their Instant but no idea if it's any good...

Crunked

Proselytizer
Yeah, I ordered some instant from them a month ago for delivery to London. Arrived without problem. It is Vanuatu instant, same as sold by Just Pacific Trading. 10-12 grams in 375ml (3 shells) certainly has the right effect on me.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
Yes, I ordered from them about 2 weeks ago. Very quick with good communication. I would suggest that they make the "free shipping" more obvious on the website. The information is buried in another page. At first glance the prices look fairly expensive, so I think they should really advertise the fact that shipping is free - it certainly makes the prices appear much more reasonable. On the whole I think it's a good deal for us in the EU because it's so quick.

There was a bulk email sent out this weekend promising more stock around August 16th, including Malekula Magic (I think they have been sold out on that for a while). So the future looks good.

Has anyone tried of their root powders? They are VKS's European operation I think? I've seen a couple of not so great reviews about VKS stuff lately, i.e not as potent as it used to be?

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
kavachameleon, I got some of their Tanna Kaolik. I had it in some bananas 4 way blend with their other Tanna stuff, KBR Fiji Waka and JPT Borogu. So I can't judge it alone, but the mix did the job for sure. I also had problems with the VKS store, but not in quality, in terms of it never showing up. I won't deal with them again because they seemed pretty incompetent, so I'm much happier dealing with GKE.

I have been to the Kava Emporium in Vila, which I think is very closely related to VKS. The real shop was fine to be honest, my only let down was the God awful Coconut Kava, which is hands down the worst kava I've ever touched. I don't know if it was the batch or the idea itself. But it was certainly not "coconut juice infused", it was kava with bits of dessicated coconut mixed in. The taste was simply repulsive, with a soapy film covering the bowl. I received considerable scorn from my friends for inflicting this on them. The package was destroyed and I won't touch that one again!

I get the feeling it might be the batch because I'm sure I saw kavasseur give it a good review.

kl.Kava Cola

Kava Curious
Hi,

I'm Cian, I run GKE Ltd and http://www.globalkavaexports.com/ . I'm glad to see people here are happy with our Kava, our shipping and our prices, we pride ourselves on our fast shipping times, quality and decent prices. I'm afraid I've been absent from the forum for quite some time but thankfully I looked it up again this evening.

Yes we currently stock only VKS strains and KavaKavaCandy, this is because we have lived in Vanuatu, have strong ties there and found Vanuatus Kava to be the strongest around. VKS have also proven to be some of the most informed people regarding Kava and because we know Steve from KavaKavaCandy so long and know that he always provides quality products, we chose them to supply our products.

It is quite difficult currently to import Kava into the EU, despite the so-called 'lifting' of the importation ban. We have found that importing from Vanuatu and Hawaii is most successful and Ireland is one of the few countries where it is possible to operate from without much interference from state bodies.

We offer free shipping on all products (so the price you see is the ultimate end price with no hidden costs) and we ship promptly with excellent packaging. We always answer every email we receive and usually within only minutes or at worst a few hours afterwards and we always ship as soon as humanly possible. We are confident that we are the only EU supplier dedicated to Kava.

Global Kava Exports ran out of Malekula Magic a number of weeks ago but we have sourced more and it should be in stock around the 16th of August 2013. We have learned much in the last few months, most important of which is what types of Kava strains people like and we know that from now on we must keep certain strains in high levels of stock and others can be kept in small levels. This means that we should not run out of Kava of any strain again and that our Kava wont be stored for long amounts of time gathering dust.

We are informed, supplied and setup exactly as we should be now and we look forward to serving all your Kava needs for as long as you want them.

I would also like to ask the forum community here if it's possible to have a Global Kava Exports page in the New Category section. This section currently seems to show suppliers from the USA and South Pacific only and we feel that a European supplier should be represented.

Thank you all for your custom so far, we appreciate every order and treat them like we were ordering them ourselves. Keep drinking Kava the way nature intended and stay chilled, we are with you every step of the way.

Kind Regards,

Cian.