What's new

Global Kava Exports is closing. We're sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Contacted PayPal and 6 days later my order arrived from GKE. Not sure if PayPal prompted them or they are working hard to get orders out. Either way, an e-mail from them would have been reassuring. Thanks GKE
What did you order and what arrived?

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Or just ask them for a refund? I seriously doubt they are in the business screwing people over. It's not a cold profit driven corporation but a bunch of people who love kava and made it accessible to Europeans.

HarVa

Kava Curious
Or just ask them for a refund? I seriously doubt they are in the business screwing people over. It's not a cold profit driven corporation but a bunch of people who love kava and made it accessible to Europeans.
I meant with kava in general, I'm happy with GKE sending me a substitute.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
I have also got two tube animal elixir. But also no mail. Do not know whether this is a refund or a gift and the money is still coming.
I would rather have the money refunded

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Again, if any of you guys payed via PayPal, login to your account and either call PP and dispute the charge or do it through your accounts. They are very good about refunding payments for goods not received. There needs to be no further contact with GKE for this to happen.

If you didn't use PayPal, consider that method going forward so that you can be protected.

If you used a credit card instead, call you cc company and do the same.

Pummeluff

Kava Enthusiast
I've got the tubes. So I do not know if I should contact paypal. However, I would rather have the money
what should I do?

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
They are very good about refunding payments for goods not received.
..but only if you are claiming refunds from small companies in my experience. This had to be said...

Rick.Sanchez

Kava Enthusiast
It can't hurt to try getting a refund through PayPal. At worst, you lose 5 minutes of your time.

And like krunky said, they're usually good about protecting customers and providing refunds when people fail to follow through on goods or services

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Yea, paypal is pretty bad for small business. It's also the reason why so few people are keen to ship kava to Europe - the moment the package gets seized/destroyed by the customs buyers can open a dispute and get their money back. Even if they promised to take "full responsibility" for lost/seized packages.
I hate to say this but it's the cost of doing business. I used to own a business, we accepted PayPal and while we didn't have many problems, we occasionally came across someone who insisted on a PayPal refund despite us doing everything in our power to rectify the situation.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I respectfully disagree. If two people agree that the buyer should take full responsibility for shipping his order in a specific manner/to a specific destination, then this should be recognised by paypal. One of the vendors once told me that their customer begged them for weeks to send him some kava to a destination in Europe promising, swearing on his mother's grave that he would take "full responsibility" in case of any problems with the customs. The package got seized and the guy immediately opened a paypal dispute.
Okay that's fair, I see you point. In this case GKE announced it was shutting down it's website on July 1st when in reality they did it when this thread was started or shortly thereafter. Aside from orders being seized by customs, I would expect a refund (if I had bought kava from them) in the event that the order was never shipped. As a consumer, I can empathize with a vendor going out of business but it wouldn't really be my problem.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I guess the reasoning is....some people might be ok with the replacement and won't persue a refund.
Must be difficult to eat up all the losses while losing your business at the same time. But i agree, that isn't the problem of customers.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
So sorry to hear this....wishing you all the best. I know the owner and hopefully they will make this right with any pending transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.