What's new

Forum Tips Glossary of Commonly Used Terms

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If you're new here and are wondering what all these abbreviations, and commonly used (but more esoteric) words are all about, check out the link below. It's the glossary that's updated by users and admins here at kavaforums. It should give you a great start in understanding the kava language.

https://kavaforums.com/forum/faq/view/kava-glossary.6/#faq-30

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Thanks @Kapmcrunk. I always thought that headiness was the kava's ability to make your head grow to Alien proportions. :wideyed: Now I know what it really means.

sumguy

Kava Enthusiast
So if there is concern about alcohol extracts possibly extracting extra stuff, what is the difference between that and using the micronized form where you get the whole root?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@NAMBATU you're absolutely right. I've added it. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone else see anything we normally talk about that's not included? We want to make it as thorough as possible for everyone that's new to kava.

verticity

I'm interested in things
So if there is concern about alcohol extracts possibly extracting extra stuff, what is the difference between that and using the micronized form where you get the whole root?
Probably nothing. Even with traditional preparation there are small particles that pass through the strainer, so the kava is not being chemically extracted by the water, you are consuming everything that is in the root. This is why I am a CO2 skeptic. I'm not talking about climate change, but about my hunch that CO2 extracts are not really better or safer than alcohol extracts (or trad prep with water).

Mira

Kava Curious
Great list! One thing I somewhat miss there is "RT". It took me a while before it hit me that it meant "reverse tolerance". Followed by a bit more reading to figure out what that was.