What's new

Kava & Drug Interaction Going through caffeine withdrawal or hypoglycemia

Alark

Kava Curious
I know kava slows metaolization of caffeine but does that mean it enter the bloodstream slower?

I get a very similar feeling to caffeine withdrawal or hypoglycemia

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I know kava slows metaolization of caffeine but does that mean it enter the bloodstream slower?

Because I feel sometimes similar feeling to caffeine withdrawal !
Its distribution in the body is unaffected by the inhibitory effects that kava can give. So, no it doesn't cause caffeine to absorb slower, just be excreted slower.

Could it be that the effects of caffeine are starting to get to a level that's causing you agitation?

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
My experience with caffeine is that it is very good in a party or physical work setting but it may make it very difficult to relax or sleep.

It is good for a shot in the morning but a lot of coffee lowers the comfort level too much. Feels like I need a kava kava drink or booze. Not good.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
If you have coffee withdrawal then it is very simple. If the headache starts, drink a small coffee (not an elephant's bucket). Ifbit is psychological, you can go decaf route. Decaf worked for me very well.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Research suggests that coffee works on the opiate receptors (antagonism) so maybe that is having a funny interaction with kava? Just longshot speculation... But there's a reason why coffee feels so much different than synthetic caffeine.

Alark

Kava Curious
Research suggests that coffee works on the opiate receptors (antagonism) so maybe that is having a funny interaction with kava? Just longshot speculation... But there's a reason why coffee feels so much different than synthetic caffeine.
My coffee consumptions times differ after starting kava i think this also might play a role..
Coffee taste feels kinda unpleasent with kava...