What's new

Kava Recipe Golden Milk with Kava

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
I've been drinking something called golden milk, basically turmeric simmered in milk with some added pepper and coconut oil. I cooled it down and drank it on ice with Kava. Tastes great and has a really nice added effect to the Kava. Sort of like a soothing and stimulating effect is what I feel.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sounds like an excellent potentiate with all those fats. I would be curious as to what it would do if you drank the milk about 15-20 minutes after your session.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I. Thought I already responded but, ive had turmeric with black pepper and noticed it does take the edge off of heady strains and seems to help with that "cold" feeling that kava can give in the extremities. Turmeric has a soothing warming effect. I need to give golden milk a shot. I've only had it once. Have you tried using coconut milk? Very high in fat maybe you would have to cut it with water. Also do you use fresh turmeric or dry?

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
I. Thought I already responded but, ive had turmeric with black pepper and noticed it does take the edge off of heady strains and seems to help with that "cold" feeling that kava can give in the extremities. Turmeric has a soothing warming effect. I need to give golden milk a shot. I've only had it once. Have you tried using coconut milk? Very high in fat maybe you would have to cut it with water. Also do you use fresh turmeric or dry?
Yes it does have a really noticeable warming effect, almost like a glow (to add to the Kava glow). I've heard that the black pepper actually helps extract some of the good stuff from the turmeric, don't know how true this is. I havent yet no, do you mean the canned cococnut milk then? I think the boxed stuff is already watered down a bit. And im using some organic fresh turmeric, its the bomb!