What's new

good daytime kava for anxiety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Looking for something I can drink throughout the day that will rid me of anxiety, but at the same time not make me want to go to sleep. I tried fu'u but it didn't really do much for anxiety.

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
I'm shopping for a good daytime Kava myself even though I typically consume at night. I have consumed during the day but most of the varieties were more on the sedating side which can actually make things worse. KBR Fiji Waka made me feel more uplifted and less sedated than many others but then again I think some have mentioned feeling very sedated by Waka. MeloMelo has been getting a lot of attention though for daytime use and Tongan Pride. Deleted User has commented thoroughly on his experiences with these so he'd probably be the best one to ask about that.

infraredz

BULA!
The best that I've found is Nambawan/Boroguru in a 2/1 mix. Nambawan is good enough on its own, but adding the bit of Boroguru seems to take the anxiety down another notch, but not so far as to be sedating and sleep-inducing. Another one I'm really starting to have success with is Melo Melo. Again, it's a heady kava (which I always thought meant uplifting/energizing) but I haven't found that to be the case in my experiences. Also, you can always through in a little Boroguru to balance it out if it is too much for you (one of the wonderful things about kava is you can always mix).

Tongan pride (and Fu'u, from Tonga) both didn't really do it for me. I never mixed them, but I can say that at least in my limited experiences with Tongans, the quality I enjoyed about them was the mild taste. The effect was a little too "buzzy" or energizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.