What's new

good "high" but it's too messy to be worth it.

Hi people. I am new here. I've never written a blog entry before, so please bare with me. I just did my first shell of Bula Melo Melo(I think that's the name). It made me so sick to my stomach that I couldn't do another one for fear that I'd throw it up, which is a shame because right now I'm feelin fine. I hope I get over this bein sick to my stomach so I could do more. But right now, like the name says, I,m melo melo. I think with a little time, Icould get to like this stuff, even tho it was a b!tch to clean up. Anyway, thanks for 'hearin me out'. Sorry about this bein so long; like I said I'm pretty f'ed up. This stuff definetly kicks in slowly. Maybe I;m ready for that next shell. Well, bye for now, people.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
If its the super fine grind then you need to strain it a lot, if you consume too much of the fiber it can hurt your stomach. I'm not sure if bkh has the melo in the fine grind now or the old grind.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
Kona kava is the biggest bunch of crap that has ever entered the kava bizz. They sell crap. Crap.... Go buy some stone kava and make a brew using a half cup root powder and three or 4 cups of water. If you think you may feel nauseas just pop a tums or eat like half a piece of bread. And after you are done doing all of the above, do a bit of research on the historical and cultural use of kava. For many of the forum members here, (myself included) kava is not a legal high in any sense. For a lot of us it is a medicine. It allows us to get a wee bit Intoxicated while taking away anxiety, helping with depression, as well as relieving muscle pain. Kava is not something that you do for the soul purpose of getting intoxicated; that's just an added bonus. I hope that you continue to enjoy kava and take the time to learn of its cultural significance and medicinal significance that make it so much more than a legal high. Here is a list of some good vendors and strains of kava that I recommend: bulakavahouse.com: Boroguru, Nambawan. Kavabyrex.com: Isa/tudei. Nakamalathome.com: stone. Paradisekava.com: Fijian.

kl.KarmaG

Kava Enthusiast
Krunkedout said:
Kona kava is the biggest bunch of crap that has ever entered the kava bizz. They sell crap. Crap.... Go buy some stone kava and make a brew using a half cup root powder and three or 4 cups of water. If you think you may feel nauseas just pop a tums or eat like half a piece of bread. And after you are done doing all of the above, do a bit of research on the historical and cultural use of kava. For many of the forum members here, (myself included) kava is not a legal high in any sense. For a lot of us it is a medicine. It allows us to get a wee bit Intoxicated while taking away anxiety, helping with depression, as well as relieving muscle pain. Kava is not something that you do for the soul purpose of getting intoxicated; that's just an added bonus. I hope that you continue to enjoy kava and take the time to learn of its cultural significance and medicinal significance that make it so much more than a legal high. Here is a list of some good vendors and strains of kava that I recommend: bulakavahouse.com: Boroguru, Nambawan. Kavabyrex.com: Isa/tudei. Nakamalathome.com: stone. Paradisekava.com: Fijian.
I thought he said he bought Bula's Melo Melo. That's a pretty respectable purchase in my opinion. As far as nausea goes, be sure to strain your grog well. The leftover particulate matter has the potential to upset the stomach a bit. Also, Krunkedout's suggestion of eating something (like bread) is a good one. I always had a little snack after a couple of shells. Cheese and crackers are good, too.

krunkedout

Kava Lover
KarmaG said:
Krunkedout said:
I thought he said he bought Bula's Melo Melo. That's a pretty respectable purchase in my opinion. As far as nausea goes, be sure to strain your grog well. The leftover particulate matter has the potential to upset the stomach a bit. Also, Krunkedout's suggestion of eating something (like bread) is a good one. I always had a little snack after a couple of shells. Cheese and crackers are good, too.
oops my bad, I don't know how I missed the bula melo melo. If that's the stuff he got than at least he has some quality root

kl.bukukava

Kava Curious
love your response about kava NOT being a legal high to take advantage of.

If you have used things to become intoxicated in your past, you'll know that there is a price to pay.

We will always gravitate toward over-use, which leads and breeds addiction.

Kava definitely needs to be respected. This is a blessing. To be able to use this for my anxiety.

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
It's not that messy.

And you can always buy a new kitchen, after all. Several posters here specialize in just that need.