What's new

Good Source For Kava Bags?

mjazzguitar

Kava Curious
I wish I could remember who I bought them from, but the last batch of bags I bought are terrible.
They retain the liquid and when you try to squeeze them the kava just comes out of the top.
Can anyone recommend a better source?
Thanks in advance.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
How do you prepare your kava? Sometimes, when kava is prepared with hot water and/or blender, starches gel/swell up and make it hard to squeeze through fine filters.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Well, he asked what store sells the strainer bags? I know that Kalm With Kava sellszthem but their international shipping over the ocean costs 40 money :)

KavaKween

Kava Curious
I like the Wakacon Kava Strainer Bag on Amazon. Not a fan of the kava, but the bag is large and sturdy.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I got a nice strainer bag from Kalm with Kava.
Also, I have gone to my local health food store, and they sell Nut Bags that work well too.

mjazzguitar

Kava Curious
Maybe I was using kava that is too finely ground. I'm going to try some that is more coarse and see how that works out.
I never thought of cotton as being harmful, but the ad for the P&F Hemp Nut Milk Bag says "no Hazardous Chemicals like Cotton cloth fabric."

Last edited:

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Maybe I was using kava that is too finely ground. I'm going to try some that is more coarse and see how that works out.
I never thought of cotton as being harmful, but the ad for the P&F Hemp Nut Milk Bag says "no Hazardous Chemicals like Cotton cloth fabric."
I'd go for something with a larger mesh. I remember I got one from The Kava Roots in Canada that was like a fishing net! That's going to bung up with sediment less whilst still not letting too much through. Root of Happiness may be able to help for that too. Or Nakamal at Home.

mjazzguitar

Kava Curious
Thanks Edward, and everyone else who responded.
I tried a coarser blend of kava and the bags I have seemed to work okay with that.

Nirad

Kava Curious
I have one like the Kavafied "Pro" bag, I don't recall where I got it from but it worked pretty good. I think it was likely a "nut bag" which is a bag you put ground nuts like almonds/cashews/etc and extract them into water to make "milk".