What's new

Got wobbly today

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
I'm a very cautious kava user. 5 months in and I've never gone too far. Untill today . I had a rather stressful and claustrophobic situation to deal with today. So I had some Supreme for breakfast. Then an hour later a little something to eat. An hour after that some. More Supreme and then went off to do this task with a small bottle of Supreme with me. The whole thing went off perfectly.
As a reward when I was driving back I downed the small bottle. Of Supreme. And not needing to go out again for 3hours I double alluballed some Stone and drank that perhaps a bit to quick. First I needed a lie down, but then when I got up my eyes seemed slower than my movements, they were lagging behind. Affected my balance a bit, I had to have a sandwich and some crisps to snap out of it. Would this be what you guys call krunk?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm a very cautious kava user. 5 months in and I've never gone too far. Untill today . I had a rather stressful and claustrophobic situation to deal with today. So I had some Supreme for breakfast. Then an hour later a little something to eat. An hour after that some. More Supreme and then went off to do this task with a small bottle of Supreme with me. The whole thing went off perfectly.
As a reward when I was driving back I downed the small bottle. Of Supreme. And not needing to go out again for 3hours I double alluballed some Stone and drank that perhaps a bit to quick. First I needed a lie down, but then when I got up my eyes seemed slower than my movements, they were lagging behind. Affected my balance a bit, I had to have a sandwich and some crisps to snap out of it. Would this be what you guys call krunk?
no, that's one step beyond krunk, but not very far, just a teeny bit too far. Just shy of that is your limit. You're fine, no worries. You went to the part where it isn't totally fun. Krunk is where you are still on the south side of the dividing line. But yeah, you only overshot by just the tiniest but, bit you were in krunk territory and should not have even been close to that if you didn't want to be krunk. Looks almost like too much too soon too quick too early too heavy too strong. Dial it all back just a little bit and you'll be in the sweet spot.

Also, I heard Stone was tudei. jk

Last edited:

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Im prone to over worry about things like that but the beauty of kava is in its anti anxiety properties. So,whilst
I was a bit worried about the physical feelings imhad too much kava in me to panic lol.

The food sorted it out within 30 minutes. I was back safely driving an hour later and took my son and a school friend
To The local park. I even had a swig of kava. Its very forgiving.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Definitely krunk when you lose coordination, eyes get blurry and/or laggy. The next step further would be sleeping. It's similar to cannabis when you take too much, the anti-anxiety can turn to anxiety because you are still fully aware and not intoxicated to the point of being unaware that you've pushed it further than you wanted.

Pauluk

Kava Enthusiast
Definitely krunk when you lose coordination, eyes get blurry and/or laggy. The next step further would be sleeping. It's similar to cannabis when you take too much, the anti-anxiety can turn to anxiety because you are still fully aware and not intoxicated to the point of being unaware that you've pushed it further than you wanted.
If i couldmhave slept it would,have been great, but i had to pick my son up from school within the hour .
Im back on it again lightly tonight so no,lasting effects.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
If i couldmhave slept it would,have been great, but i had to pick my son up from school within the hour .
Im back on it again lightly tonight so no,lasting effects.
Yep. It's not always a bad thing. Hopefully the more potent batches we've had lately is a sign that potency is on the way back up. I suspect there are a lot of new drinkers that have never felt a good krunk.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
Yes had it. It usually clears in 30 minutes to an hour for me. I get immensely dizzy. It's worrying when it happens but I just kinda veg out until it passes.

Been a while since the last time though.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
As a reward when I was driving back I downed the small bottle. Of Supreme. And not needing to go out again for 3hours I double alluballed some Stone and drank that perhaps a bit to quick. First I needed a lie down, but then when I got up my eyes seemed slower than my movements, they were lagging behind. Affected my balae a bit, I had to have a sandwich and some crisps to snap out of it. Would this be what you guys call krunk?
Yeah, that is krunk (or a little beyond). Not always pleasant, but usually quickly passes and the best part is that unlike alcohol there is no bad effects that last into the next day(s)...

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
The "krunk" is the intoxicated state similar to drunk. The moodlift, relaxation and buzz all come before that. Overdoing it is when you push to the point of vomiting and your body clearly says no more. The krunk is sometimes short lived, 30 minutes to an hour or two and definitely has no negative side effects compared to getting drunk. In the pre 2016 days I could attain a krunk with just about any kava given a high enough dose and then repeat once the first wore off. Back then it seemed like most kava had higher levels of DHM so after a few cycles, it would be off to deep sleep for the night. That's been one of my biggest frustrations with potency. Since mid 2016 or so I can rarely attain the "krunk" and it ends with moodlift/relaxation and if I'm lucky the buzz. I have got a few krunkable batches this year so I would imagine we'll see more people getting to experience the intoxication that kava is known for.