What's new

Supplier Review Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I started my Kava journey ~1.5 years ago with GHK's microgrind sampler pack. Since then I have tried good portion of their offerings and everyone of them has delivered a great experience. Chris's microgrinds are finely ground, mix nicely in water or juice, and deliver a smack in the face that is very strong. I have have only experienced nausea from these microgrinds when I overdid it all at once. After switching to mostly medium grind and traditional preparation I have consistently found GHK's kavas to make strong, oily, thick grog. While they are not the cheapest option - know that your kava will go a long way and will be plenty strong.

Testing and owning the whole process from "root to bag" is where GHK sets itself apart. GHK has its own farm, processing, bagging, and shipping - so there is no chance of contamination with non-noble kavas or aerial parts of the plant. Unlike other suppliers that have to rely on farmers and processing to "do the right thing" and deliver noble only and rigorous testing (and as I keep learning if they don't have rigorous testing - Don't Drink IT). Lets face it you are ingesting this great drink - do you want to drink something that has not been tested?!? Yeah, me either.

Ordering and shipping has been great!. My order is processed usually within 12-24 hours after placing my order online (depends on what time of day I place the order) and usually ships within 1-3 days, and shipping takes ~3days. So from online order to my mail box average 5-6 days which is pretty good from Hawaii to upstate NY. The only time it took longer is when I ordered just before X-mas....which I expected would take a few extra days. I have only once experienced and issue and that was with a punctured bag - that clearly happened during shipping not really their fault. At least once I asked for switch in my order after I placed it online, and with a quick email it was taken care of no problem.

I have tried multiple other suppliers of Noble kava - some good, some great, some so-so and I keep coming back to GHK. With the multiple varieties GHK has I can get everything from heady to heavy, and nicely balanced kavas.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Good job thanks. I noticed you didnt rate any shells. Did they not show up for you?

If not you may try hard refreshing your browser and edit your review to see if they show up.