What's new

Powdered Kava Gourmet Kadavu Waka 16 Oz

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Our Gourmet Kadavu Waka is 100% medium grind lateral kava roots, dried by the radiant Fijian sun. The waka is sourced from Kadavu where the climate conditions are just right to produce the most potent kava of Fiji.

Our farmer has advised that his Kadavu Waka primarily consists of a variety known as Damu in Fiji. This kava is slightly bitter tasting and produces a darker colored beverage. It is labeled as gourmet because the plants are 5+ years old. The Gourmet Kadavu Waka is the heaviest of all Fijian kavas and is very potent making it best for weekend krunking.

Chemotype - 643251
Kavalactones - 7 ~ 9%

Last edited:

hightides42

our Roots run deep
Bula! @Kava Time
I've been helping gather chemotypes for the forum Kava Prices spreadsheet and noticed a difference for this variety between your website description and this product profile, realizing this one in particular might be hard to nail down as it sounds to be a mix of 5 varieties so want to see if you want to claim it as one or the other (or not at all and just call it a blend?)

Here: Chemotype - 246513 (primarily Damu)

web:Chemotype = 643251 (...Loa Kasa Balavu, Matakaro Leka, Damu, Dokobana Vula and Vula Kasa Leka. Kadavu Waka is usually a combination of these 5 cultivars)
ref: https://www.kavatime.us/collections/kava-roots/products/gourmet-kadavu-kava-roots

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Bula! @Kava Time
I've been helping gather chemotypes for the forum Kava Prices spreadsheet and noticed a difference for this variety between your website description and this product profile, realizing this one in particular might be hard to nail down as it sounds to be a mix of 5 varieties so want to see if you want to claim it as one or the other (or not at all and just call it a blend?)

Here: Chemotype - 246513 (primarily Damu)

web:Chemotype = 643251 (...Loa Kasa Balavu, Matakaro Leka, Damu, Dokobana Vula and Vula Kasa Leka. Kadavu Waka is usually a combination of these 5 cultivars)
ref: https://www.kavatime.us/collections/kava-roots/products/gourmet-kadavu-kava-roots
My apologies, this page hasn't been updated to whats on the website and in the current batch