What's new

Powdered Kava Review Gourmet Savusavu Waka - 16 Oz

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
@Mrbinx69 i guess the savusavu is bitter because its potent but did you find it much more milder in flavor than the rest of the samplers?
@HeadHodge @kavadude @KrunkyMonkey @Kapmcrunk I think in the reviews section you should add a new section to rate the flavour of kavas - like scale of peppery to mild so that it doesn't confuse viewers on the exact taste of the kava. Bitterness is always associated with potency so maybe have two scales under the taste section

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
@Mrbinx69 i guess the savusavu is bitter because its potent but did you find it much more milder in flavor than the rest of the samplers?
@HeadHodge @kavadude @KrunkyMonkey @Kapmcrunk I think in the reviews section you should add a new section to rate the flavour of kavas - like scale of peppery to mild so that it doesn't confuse viewers on the exact taste of the kava. Bitterness is always associated with potency so maybe have two scales under the taste section
the word 'smooth' is already used. What about changing the word Bitter to either Bitter/Peppery or Peppery? or words like Strong/Mild?

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
the word 'smooth' is already used. What about changing the word Bitter to either Bitter/Peppery or Peppery? or words like Strong/Mild?
maybe under taste section have
Bitter - normal scale
rough - smooth scale
peppery - mild?

i dont know you guys decide but like any fine wine or alcohol you always will get bitterness in its taste because of the alcohol content but theres a difference in smoothness i guess?

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Bitter - normal scale
rough - smooth scale
peppery - mild?

i dont know you guys decide but like any fine wine or alcohol you always will get bitterness in its taste because of the alcohol content but theres a difference in smoothness i guess?
Tried Strong/Normal/Mild. Let me know if that's better (or worse).

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Tried Strong/Normal/Mild. Let me know if that's better (or worse).
Strong can be taken as bitter too so it becomes strong tasting...peppery would best describe the opposite end of mild to be fair because kava is from the pepper family..

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
No not in that way. all 3 had a distinct strong almost fresh smell about them that are extra strong... I don't think it's the kava I think it's the freshness
Like GHK nene when fresh Ecspecially smells so intense

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
No not in that way. all 3 had a distinct strong almost fresh smell about them that are extra strong... I don't think it's the kava I think it's the freshness
Like a kava espresso?

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
For me, the savusavu has a very distinctive smell. It just even smells delicious! i wouldn't say the same about other regions. But for taste section lets put it this way, of all the samples you tried, which one made you gag the least @Mrbinx69? That would best describe the scale of peppery to mild in taste. Peppery kava will make you want to gag the most and mild kavas are easy to drink

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Bitter - normal scale
rough - smooth scale
peppery - mild?

Wine is a far more complex beverage than kava imo, with many more subtleties. I think the taste bar is perfect as an overall indication of flavor. Reviewers can go in details is the description if they chose to.