What's new

Powdered Kava Review Gourmet Savusavu Waka - 16 Oz

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
First off, I did order again. Its that good and I don't want to risk being without. Since Eua disappeared from the market, I've not found a kava in my current stash that gets to that same level of anxiety relief. Until now.
I've had a tough couple of weeks, feeling some residual effects from mirtazepine withdrawal (2 months off) and having to go back for a couple of days to the diazepam to relieve horrible tight muscles that make me feel anxious and somewhat unbalanced (bodily, not in the head. I think I'm ok there). My pain in the butt (literal) flared up something wicked and I've got a long journey to England coming up at the beginning of October, so I've been anxious to get rid of the pain before traveling. Which doesn't help because the more anxious I get about being anxious ….. you know the rest.
Anyway, @Kavasseur's latest review forced me to spend money I don't have but I'm glad I did. What seemed like a mild, easy to drink, beautiful tasting kava exploded into something truly medicinal and blew my anxiety away. It definitely seems more balanced than heady, and if there is headiness, it seems to work for me. Usually a heady kava will make me a jittery mess - like 5 cups of coffee worth of mess. The body effects are substantial but I can still function - not perfectly, but I was still able to drive to the store and then put this review together somewhat coherently. Husband is home from Hong Kong tonight and he always gives me anxiety so I'm hoping the effects of a couple of shells this afternoon will last me through the evening. I wish he'd take up kava drinking. He might learn how to relax. I think he's too scared to relax.
Its a beautiful looking kava. Opened the vacuum sealed bag - carefully - and the fresh smell was just heavenly -a little grassy, a little nutty. Mixed up to a nice pale color, somewhat like Nene (which I don't like), but the taste, oh the taste, and the effects are so completely different. The taste is mild but the potency is not. (I think I said that already). Anyway, it hit me straight away, with a gentle numbing of the lips and a warm fuzzy feeling as the kava melted into my muscles. Didn't totally take away ALL the tenseness but I never expect anything to do that, but it hit the anxiety square in the jaw and I didn't really care whether my muscles ached or not.
Definite relaxation after the first shell, but alert enough to function. Second shell and I felt that happy lethargy sneaking in. Eyes were a little heavy, and a little slow - good old eye lag was very prominent after the third shell. And again I'd usually perceive that as a negative in my non-kava state. Would send me into a spasm of health anxiety. But, no, Savusavu bought clarity and calmness. It was all I needed.
After a few nights of mild insomnia, I slept very well last night (after drinking my first batch) although I did have a couple of strange, really strange, dreams. But I kinda like having dreams - it means I actually slept.
I've just jiggled the aluball and got a little more out of it, so finished for today, and we'll see how long the affects last.
So do yourself a good deed and order some savusavu before it disappears. If you don't, it doesn't matter. All the more for me.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Oh, and I've ordered twice and forgotten the discount code twice. So heads up, do what I obviously didn't do. Check those Members Only deals.

Kava Time

Fiji
Kava Vendor
Nice review @kilakila :) I hope im able to maintain a steady supply of this great savusavu waka for all users who take kava for anxiety. This best part is that this kava tastes much better than anything i've tried in Fiji which is a bonus for new users!

Last edited: