What's new

Guess What this is.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I hope your all staying safe. I got this picture and wanted to have you fine folks guess what it could be. Here it is----
DSC_2151.JPG

Nice pretty designs, have any of you guessed what it is?
Well here are a few more pictures of what it is-----------
DSC_2118.JPG

DSC_2139 (2).jpg

That is right, it is some of the biggest and longest lateral kava roots from a very old 'Awa Nene.
I hope you all enjoyed the pictures and please stay safe.
Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
In the state of Hawaii, those roots are considered "adults" and given the right to choose where they go :D
You are 100% correct, they are adults and able to choose for themselves, they chose to obey the stay at home order so they will be staying with me here at home.
We are like family, we have known each other for 22 years now. I remember when Nene was just a small baby cutting that I took from his mother Nene plant.
We will have a lot to talk about and a lot of good memories. :hungry::hungry::hungry:;)

Chris

Ch411y

Aloha Chris - thank you for posting these pics - those roots are beautiful! And their cross-sections remind me of something called “trapiche emeralds”. (There are other trapiche-shaped minerals, but the emerald is my favorite.) Here is a link and a photo: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapiche_emerald

Speaking of favorites, I just wanted to say that you are not only my favorite vendor, but also one of the kindest and most generous people I know. Your amazing Awa Hiwa makes it possible for me to live a mostly pain-free life, and I really appreciate you making such high quality kava available. Thank you so much for all the help you have given me during this difficult period in my life - I think you are awesome! All good things, to you and your loved ones.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Speaking of favorites, I just wanted to say that you are not only my favorite vendor, but also one of the kindest and most generous people I know. Your amazing Awa Hiwa makes it possible for me to live a mostly pain-free life, and I really appreciate you making such high quality kava available. Thank you so much for all the help you have given me during this difficult period in my life - I think you are awesome! All good things, to you and your loved ones.
Well-written.
You get an A+ for effort.
Unfortunately, I don't think that will be sufficient 'positive coercion' for you to lay claim to those roots :D