What's new

Gut health

Catlady

Kava Curious
Omg, I had ham and pea soup during my lunch break, then had my shells as usual after work… that’s 5 hours later. I don’t usually have gastric upset with kava but it’s not sitting well.o_O I wonder if kava is a source of short chain fatty acids or resistant starch?
Im so bloated :yuck:

Rand McNally

Kava Curious
That's a perfect storm right there, 1-2 punch style. I'm inclined to agree with @Orz[EST] , with the kava being the icing on the proverbial cake, even 5 hours later. The pea soup sorta set the stage, so to speak. That's a TON of fiber.

Catlady

Kava Curious
That's a perfect storm right there, 1-2 punch style. I'm inclined to agree with @Orz[EST] , with the kava being the icing on the proverbial cake, even 5 hours later. The pea soup sorta set the stage, so to speak. That's a TON of fiber.
I was so bloated it gave me chest pain. Kava alone sometimes gives me mild gut discomfort, nothing major. I always use a good quality staining bag to prepare my kava. However, if kava was a source of prebiotic or insoluble fibres then it is another benefit this amazing root offers.

faldho

Kava Curious
the times i've been bloated from Kava were due to water retention.
If you are not used to fiber then it's a good idea to have yogurt the same day as the bacteria will snack on what is bloating you :)

Catlady

Kava Curious
the times i've been bloated from Kava were due to water retention.
If you are not used to fiber then it's a good idea to have yogurt the same day as the bacteria will snack on what is bloating you :)
I’ve just got a probiotic elixir which I’ve been taking daily and it definitely has some beneficial effects.