What's new

Powdered Kava Review Hanakapi Ai - Medium Grind

D

Deleted User01

If Kneading you is wrong, I don't wanna be right ....

Introduction
I haven’t done any kneading in a long time. First off, Micronized is way too convenient. Second, the trigger fingers in my right hand make it difficult to knead. Oh, I can shovel, lift, chop, and so on but kneading is close to impossible. So just call me Lefty. :rolleyes:

Prep and Taste
I did my usual 16oz can of coconut water, 6 oz of water and heat to 125. Add 1 cup of Kava and blend for a minute and pour into strainer and knead. On the taste, the coconut water really helps with that but I thought it was almost too sweet so I’m going to use more water next time. So the taste wasn’t bad for kava.

Effects.
After my first shell, I felt the kava creeping up my spine and to the brain. I like this creeping feeling. It’s like a snail that creates a trail of goose bumps as it crawls up your spine and into your brain. I did not feel any headiness, only sedation. Lookit, I was having a very bad day and I was stressed to the max. I even felt physically exhausted from the mental stress. I think the kava knew what was kneaded and gave me the kneaded sedation. Just a theory I have that Kava has a mind of its own and makes decisions based on "what condition your condition is in". The second shell brought another round of sedation and with it some lethargy. At that point I decided that I was not going to do any chores after work. Again, the Kava speaking to me and advising that I needed some serious downtime. Type A personality be damned. I obediently took its advice. There was another effect that is also very important to me, Pain Relief. The pain in my shoulder was gone. In fact, this morning the shoulder is feeling pretty darn good.

Next Morning
So I consumed about 10 oz of Grog and still have some in the fridge. This is the morning after and I feel good and relaxed. I kicked out of bed after the requisite 8 hours of sleep. I have absolutely no hangover or lingering effects from this 100% Noble Kava. This is surprising for a kava that strong but I think my frazzled Central Nervous System absorbed and processed every last precious drop.

Conclusion
Hanapaki Ai’ is a very potent couch potato kava as advertised. It’s no secret that I prefer heady kavas because I’m a daytimer and kava keeps me up tempo and productive to the end of the finish line. To me, this is NOT a heady kava. I know “heady kava” and I am friends with “heady kava” and this is no “heady kava”. For me, this is a special use kava. If you are bouncing off the walls and stressing over meaningless things, this is the kava for you. A very powerful sedative that reels you back down to earth when you are spinning out of control. A stern mistress who pins you to your chair and massages your body while demanding that you quit fidgeting and obsessing. I like me a stern mistress like that. :D I am going to make a 16oz bottle of Hanapaki Ai' every week till it's gone. I will use it on “bad hair days” and for my Sunday afternoon tonic to heal the aches of pains of the weekend warrior.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Great review :)
Yes it is some strong kava!
And it was the most heavy kava I have tried...but I agree with you about the kava knowing what (you) need and then giving you certain effects based on your personal needs...
If your in tons of pain..then the kava will help relieve it ect and so on :) That's kinda my hunch..
Last night I had a bit of a headache, and I am kinda a lightweight with kava..but I had a heady experience for sure!
But I dont mean heady as in only heady effects like moi...this stuff was heady for me, but also relaxing, slightly sedating...and pretty heavy! The effects all worked together to leave me in aww :)

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the great review Deleted User01. I am happy to hear that it helped you so much. Let me know when you need more. I wish I could make this into a micronized but the roots are too small for me to use my process to get the makas out so I just make it into a medium grind.
Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

Thanks Chris but this kava is "special use" for me. Too strong for daytime. Probably a weekend kava for weekend warriors. But it's nice to have it in my arsenal of Noble Kavas. That's the beauty of the 13 Kavas of Hawaii. There is a kava for every occasion.

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Great review, @Deleted User01! I love the snail crawling up your spine image. I usually get a chill before my face gets warm and kava sets in. I can feel that snail.

I had some of the old batch of Hanakapi'Ai and it left me kind of flat. I haven't tried the all lateral roots and root hairs version, which I imagine is a different beast altogether. I hope he doesn't sell out any time soon, as I've been on a buying moratorium lately. Do want.

Sleep quality was good? I was surprised to see you didn't have hangover effects. I have been moderating my intake lately due to the lethargy and grogginess in the morning.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
I felt amazing in the morning once my eyes were open and I was on my feet lol :)
I thought for sure I would be groggy but not at all...was just a wonderful experience all around...

D

Deleted User01

@Steve Mariotti, man you and I are on the same page. The last few weeks, I have felt a little grogginess too. Now I'm also guilty of drinking wine or beer on my non-kava days so that may have something to do with it too. In fact, that is why I was fasting (no intoxicants) on select days. Last night I did some Hanapaki Ai' and Nene. Though Hanapaki Ai' is very strong, I felt no next day grogginess. Just the opposite, I jumped out of bed. This I don't understand. It seems the Mo'i and Papa Kea may have more residual effect the next day.

On the Nene. Nene is not "knockout drops". Nene encourages what I call "black sleep" which means no Technicolor Dreaming, just deep sleep. It's like you have 2 guys who I will call the Dream Police, DP1 AND DP2. Here is their typical banter:

DP1: As he surveys a motley cast of potential dream characters, he tells DP2, "Don't let these guys past the rope, Ok".
DP2: Whose the hottie at the beginning of the line?
DP1: That's his first grade teacher and the girl in the cheerleader outfit next to her was his crush in the first grade in the same class.
DP2: What are they hatching?
DP1: Don't ask .... :rolleyes: Just keep everyone behind the rope and outta his head.
And so I slept very, very deep. That's what Nene does for me. Now on the other hand, Hanapaki Ai' might be knockout drops. I totally lose motivation to work when I consume that one and it has been designated the "Weekend Kava" or even the "rainy day" kava. However, my achy shoulder has never felt better.

verticity

I'm interested in things
...It's like you have 2 guys who I will call the Dream Police, DP1 AND DP2. Here is their typical banter:

DP1: As he surveys a motley cast of potential dream characters, he tells DP2, "Don't let these guys past the rope, Ok".
DP2: Whose the hottie at the beginning of the line?
DP1: That's his first grade teacher and the girl in the cheerleader outfit next to her was his crush in the first grade in the same class.
DP2: What are they hatching?
DP1: Don't ask .... :rolleyes: Just keep everyone behind the rope and outta his head.
That's great, I wish those guys had been on duty in my head last night to deal with the assortment of gangsters and villians waging some kind of perverted turf war in my brain.

D

Deleted User01

You're taking the wrong kava @verticity. That's why I only have to deal with hotties and you have to deal with villains. :D