What's new

Powdered Kava Review Hanakapi Ai

Mitiburn

Kava Curious
I ordered this awa a couple months back and wasn't too impressed. That could be because I was just starting out n didn't know what to expect. I was strolling through these forums and saw Chris said he just harvested this strain and that it was very fresh n potent so I ordered 1 more hp to see the difference. Well he wasn't lying! I'm in love with this awa for night time. It wraps me up in a warm cocoon and massages my whole body till it knocks me out. Literally knocks me out. I wake up on the couch at 2-3am in the morning on nights I over indulge and I think to myself as I'm heading to bed "damn, the hanakapi' got me yet again!
I have also used this strain on days my job is stressful n I'm stressing. It defiantly turns a possible bad day into a great day. If I don't go over 3 strong shells I don't get tired at all. The headiness is there just not as much as say mo'i or hiwa.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Just a reminder of the historic significance of this cultivar. The name we applied- Hanakapi'ai is from the location- Place Name- where it was collected. The only place, ever where this cultivar grew-- once a flourishing Hawaiian settlement pre-western contact. One plant located in ruins of village which begs the question- did some very exclusive kahuna have a private stock? Recent oral histories of native speakers from that area call this cultivar- Uliuli a opulepule no ho ‘i because the stalks are multi-colored. The village name means "bay sprinkling food". Thanks to the efforts of a very few dedicated folks who did early collecting of "lost" Hawaiian cultivars, Hanakapi'ai is abundant today.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Just a reminder of the historic significance of this cultivar. The name we applied- Hanakapi'ai is from the location- Place Name- where it was collected. The only place, ever where this cultivar grew-- once a flourishing Hawaiian settlement pre-western contact. One plant located in ruins of village which begs the question- did some very exclusive kahuna have a private stock? Recent oral histories of native speakers from that area call this cultivar- Uliuli a opulepule no ho ‘i because the stalks are multi-colored. The village name means "bay sprinkling food". Thanks to the efforts of a very few dedicated folks who did early collecting of "lost" Hawaiian cultivars, Hanakapi'ai is abundant today.
@Alia Thanks for this information. It is great info to have and to know about this great variety of Hawaiian 'Awa. I don't know about any Kahuna having a private stash of this variety, but I know I certainly do have some in my "Private Stash" (y)
Talking about the few dedicated people who did early collecting of these different varieties, I know all of them. You are right there are only a few of them and I would like to take this time to say thank you to them also, for truly, without them, we would not have the 13 different Hawaiian varieties of 'Awa we enjoy today. :hungry:
Aloha.

Chris