What's new

Instant Kava Review Hanakapi'ai

D

Deleted User01

So I can a little sample of HanaKapi’Ai with my last order.

Preparation:
1.5 tablespoons of HanaKapi’Ai in a big Coffee Mug
Add a little water and stir to dissolve.
Add a big Squeeze of Lemon.
Add Ice.
Fill with Cold Club Soda (keep a spoon handy)

Summary:
Color: Darker than Most.
Taste: Very little taste but I would say a tad more bitter than most.
Sedation. Very little if any.
Pain Relief. Yes.
Heady. Definitely.
Conclusion: Nice daytime Kava.

Effects:
Hmmm, I feel like my eyes are opening up and I’m feeling a little bit energetic. I’m staring at a picture of the Awa Hanakapi’Ai on the GHK Web Site and it looks more vivid/colorful than usual. This is a dark colored spotted ‘Awa and those are always a little bit more bitter. Now my throat is beginning to numb. This Kava seems to creep up a little bit. My ears are ringing so that means this is a heady Kava. I don’t feel the pain in my shoulder (tendonitis) so that’s good. I have noticed when my throat goes numb then so does my shoulder. Papa Kea also does that to me. I do not feel any sedation. This is a Kava whose chemotype begins with a 4, not a 2. It’s potent but it’s not going to bury you in the couch. I think I heard Chris say that this was one of his favorites. I’m speculating that he likes Kavas that help with pain but keep him energetic so he can practice on the piano at night. So a Kava that will keep you energetic but still provides pain relief is a pretty good deal in my book.

Quick Chemotype comparison. Hanakapi'Ai is 423651 (15% Kavalactones) and Papa Kea is 462351. The 2 in the second position is one of the double bonded Kavalactones and I think that spells relief, pain relief. This looks like the only GHK Hawaiian Kava that has 42, the rest have 46. On his Web Site Chris states that this is a rare Kava. Well it certainly goes against the grain on chemotypes. I like playing the Chemotype game with GHK because I can (because he posts them).

Another winner from GHK.

Last edited by a moderator:

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Sounds like you got quite a good amount of pupil dilation...did you happen to step outside at all and notice the world looked & felt a bit more special than usual ? I've noticed some kava's give that sensation more than others.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Ok, so I just went outside. The sun is shining bright, ouch.:eek: Well Doctor Shakas, you were right. I hope the dilation goes away before I walk with my wife later today. I never wear sunglasses. I learn something new every day around here.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
oh, this was in the daytime :cool: :wideyed: ...that aspect is much more enjoyable when you're outside for the twilight. but then again, all kava is good for the twilight. :barefoot:

you've had quite a few GHK's now...if you had to pick two 'desert island' kavas...what would you choose?

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Hedgie, I knew you were going to get after me about that! I'm putting in my list of things to do today. I promise. I have been remiss. I was just in a hurry to cut and paste my review yesterday while it was fresh inside my mind and inside my "pupils".

Shakas, it is hard to do twilight during Daylight savings time but I might try it on the weekend. Two desert Kavas, lordy. I'm the type of guy who buys 6 samples of coffee and ends up liking them all. I would like to have 3 Kavas. One for pain, one for sedation, and one for energy or pickme up. The Hanapaki'Ai may be able to fill the pain and pickme up bill by itself. I will have to work with it some more. I really like the mild sedation of the Mapulehu but I also think the Mahakea needs another round of evaluation. Sorry, that's the best I can do.

P.S. Sorry man, I do have a favorite one for sleep. Hiwa does not hit me that hard until I get into bed and close my eyes. Then it starts talking. I had a tablespoon of micronized 1.5 hours before bedtime last night. It is becoming a ritual on kava days. I also love Papakea for pain and the taste is really nice but I'm hoping Hanapaki'Ai will give me a twofer. Damn, it's too hard for me to pick. And what about Moi Instant???? That would have to be in my Traveling Bag.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hedgie, I knew you were going to get after me about that! I'm putting in my list of things to do today. I promise. I have been remiss. I was just in a hurry to cut and paste my review yesterday while it was fresh inside my mind and inside my "pupils".
No worries Deleted User01. I think it's all good now. I moved the posts from your other post to this one. It's the first time I've ever done that, and I think I might have messed up your additional comments a little bit (but not sure). So if you have the time, you might take a look at your review to make sure I didn't hack it up too badly.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
Wow, Chris is a psychic he must've known my day today was going to be very physical, as compared to usual, and threw in a sample of this specific kava along with my "I'll try a bit of everything please" order. I've already downed 1 teaspoon. Yes tea, I'm working my way up but from just that I feel the numbing of my mouth and throat somewhat. Excited to get a few more "shells" into this tonight. From your review, @Deleted User01 I can tell this is exactly what I need tonight. Right on!

D

Deleted User01

I'm glad Mrs. Postman finally showed up. Are you going to try making "Micronized Kava Syrup"? Looks like you are going to have fun this weekend checking out "a little bit of everything".

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan
I'm glad Mrs. Postman finally showed up. Are you going to try making "Micronized Kava Syrup"? Looks like you are going to have fun this weekend checking out "a little bit of everything".
Yeh I may dive right in to the syrup as I'll be spending a day at the lake tomorrow and that would be easier then trying to measure and mix tbsps of micro on a rocking boat. Prob going with the papa Ele ele tomorrow