What's new

Powdered Kava Review Hanakapi'ai

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I've been drinking fresh, micro and instant lately and have almost forgotten about the good old medium grind powder. In order to celebrate this beautiful Friday I decided to "go back to the roots" and to knead some of the Hanakapi'ai I got from Chris a couple of weeks ago. I actually enjoyed the process very much. It was very calming. But naturally I enjoyed the end product even more.

This kava has a slightly more bitter taste than most of the Hawaiians I know (admittedly I haven't had medium grind for quite a while). The smell is rather pleasant though and this kava is certainly quite smooth.

Just few minutes after my first shell it hit me hard. At first I thought my muscles started slowly melting. But a few seconds later I could feel it was going to be a rather more heady experience. My head started spinning and yet my mind stayed alert, relaxed and tranquil. I sat down, took a book and became surrounded by feelings of deep serenity and peace. I could still read every page and think very clearly, but everything calmed down and I became more aware of my surrounding. It has been an amazing feeling (I can still feel it!). At the same time, it is also a rather "energetic", day-time kava in the sense that it doesn't make one too sedated or sleepy. Actually, it offers a wave of pleasant energy and alertness.

As expected, it's a fantastic product. One of the finest medium grind kavas on the market. The only reason why I gave it 4 out of 5 is that I might still prefer some of Chris' micronized or instants (also, some people might find it a bit too bitter). However, if I was to compare it with other medium grind I've tried, it would certainly make it to my "top 5 kavas" list. Well done and thank you, @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted User01

Nice review Henry. Almost makes be want to go back and try powder. Aw, what I am thinking, that's just another thing I'm never gonna do. :rolleyes: I think I'll hit the Micronized Honokane Iki this afternoon.