What's new

Kava Preparation hangover after Kava

aviavieu

Kava Enthusiast
I drink it from time to time, once in a while. The Hangover After Kava. Similar to the average amount of alcohol, does it happen to you too?
We're talking about Noble Kava

Attachments

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Maybe there is something different if you are an occasional user? I drink kava every day and as I drink only heavy kavas I do often get a pleasant overhang into the next day but I wouldn't call it a hangover. It's been a long time since I had a kava hangover and I can't remember or ever knew what caused it. Usually I would guess it's down to dehydration and possibly drinking too much kava , or too strong kava when you're not used to it?

Halibut_Acid

Krunkadelic
When I first started drinking kava I would get super hungover. At first I didn't drink it very often. What I believe it came down to is that I was drinking too much at once. Coming from a history of hard drug abuse I was looking for a strong effect. Only over time did I learn how to use kava for it's more subtle (and frankly more useful) effects. It is through this process that I believe kava taught me moderation.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I get a kava "hangover" when I drink way too much - for me maybe 2-3 liters or more with 150-200g of good quality kava over 6 hours or so. I don't do that often, and its not like a booze hangover of course - just extreme lethargy the next day that prevents me from doing what I need to do. Nothing to worry about - same old story - if you have a hangover, you probably deserve it.

Precipitated

Kava Curious
I personally have not experienced anything even slightly resembling hangover from drinking Kava, but I have heard people feeling pretty crappy next day, if they have not eaten anything after finishing Kava. I always drink before dinner and most of the times don't feel anything the next morning, and even if I do, it's nothing more than slight giddiness.