What's new

I love kava Wednesday Happy Thanksgiving!

hightides42

our Roots run deep
Bula!

I've shifted in past years to being thankful and appreciative, when and where due, daily. but having a holiday for it is a real good time to clearly show that to those deserving souls.

and you are certainly one of them Kap'm, what you are so selflessly giving in time and resource IS having a huge beneficial and positive impact on the entire community of kava lovers worldwide.

from growers to vendors to consumers, we all owe you a huge debt of gratitude.

and from this old and broken toy soldier, my prayer you and yourn enjoy a safe and healthy season and a very happy Thanksgiving added to my unreserved and wholehearted thanks to you, Sir.

SALUTE!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Bula!

I've shifted in past years to being thankful and appreciative, when and where due, daily. but having a holiday for it is a real good time to clearly show that to those deserving souls.

and you are certainly one of them Kap'm, what you are so selflessly giving in time and resource IS having a huge beneficial and positive impact on the entire community of kava lovers worldwide.

from growers to vendors to consumers, we all owe you a huge debt of gratitude.

and from this old and broken toy soldier, my prayer you and yourn enjoy a safe and healthy season and a very happy Thanksgiving added to my unreserved and wholehearted thanks to you, Sir.

SALUTE!
What else, and I don't mean to cause him any embarassment...but Kapm also, such a rare trate, I really feel has each and any one of us's best intentions at heart. He has really looked out for me since joining here, in multiple, all selfless capacities.

He has sensitively advised me on protocols, to avoid causing and turbulence which may rebound on myself.

And always been there whenever I have expressed a concern, to assure, after often reaearching said matter.

I just naturally try and give credit where it is due to to essentially good hearted people who care about others and go out of their way to help.

Lovely mix tonight of Kadavu Waka and Solomon, then a nice shell of that stunning Koro Islands! 60 grams in all, very nice!

Bit Kap'm, I honestly feel that he looks out for us ALL almost like a parent, and is so accepting and toletant as well.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
I don't see a Kava Friday thread but I saw this thread, so I'll just post here.

Made a half pound of fresh frozen kava. It was in my freezer for a while so I figured this long weekend would be perfect for drinking some "fresh" kava. I may have made it too light. I think my original plan was to make the full pound and then I said a full pound of kava for the amount of liquid I was using would be a bit much so I opted for a half pound and it was nice but very subtle. Guess I'll do less liquid for the other half of it.

Cuzzie

Kava Enthusiast

Made a half pound of fresh frozen kava. It was in my freezer for a while so I figured this long weekend would be perfect for drinking some "fresh" kava. I may have made it too light. I think my original plan was to make the full pound and then I said a full pound of kava for the amount of liquid I was using would be a bit much so I opted for a half pound and it was nice but very subtle. Guess I'll do less liquid for the other half of it.
Is there any guidance anywhere on how to make a lb of frozen kava? I have my first batch on the way and want to make sure I make it correctly. I plan to blend and strain. Thanks.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Is there any guidance anywhere on how to make a lb of frozen kava? I have my first batch on the way and want to make sure I make it correctly. I plan to blend and strain. Thanks.
Since fresh frozen has a lot more water than dried kava, you'll have to use more of your kava to make a batch. The quantity of water will be a bit hard to advise since that depends on how strong you want your grog to be. When I made mine, I used about 24 fl oz of water for 8 oz of kava and I felt that was too light. I could've had it stronger with less water or more root. But your mileage may vary.
Bulaaaaaaa! Fine Thanksgiving with my mother. Good food. I agree hightides42 and AlexIsreal.

krunky; Bula
fait, which cultivar? I bet it was excellent. 1/2lb fresh is plenty, two strong servings.
Hanakapi'ai.

Zaphod

Kava Lover

As a semi-hard kava head (typ 10tbs/night) I did find that doubling the kava/water recommendation for the fresh frozen kava was better experience for me. I added 1lb frozen to the blender and then filled it up the 8cups of water line (so it was less than 8 cups but the max my blender can handle). blend for 1-2 minutes and strained for round one. For the second wash I did maybe 6 cups of water. My wife and I shared that whole pound and while it was slightly less krunk than my normal night, much closer than when I did a 1/2lb to 8 cups.