What's new

Has anyone tried the damu kava from KWK

Status
Not open for further replies.

schatz

itchin for kava
I just ordered a half pound of it and couldn't find any reviews, thoughts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Just tried some as it arrived yesterday afternoon and it was awsomely balanced is all I can say. You will not be dissapointed,and they ship really fast also, it took 2 days from oder to door. That beat Nakamals shipping to me although Fl is alittle further than Mt. is to Az. Enjoy.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
It is a mostly body kava with a little bit of heady vibe. It isn't like ultra heavy though. It's muscle relaxing and good for anxiety. It's not all that much different from vula Waka in my experience. It's about as strong too.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
ftr I happily went to a 5th wash with damu. It went the distance.

starting with 1 c root

a 5.5 c
b 4.5 c
c 2 c
d 1.25 c
e .75 c

On the third wash my wife split that 2 cups and both got great pleasure from it.

EDIT: Oops, I saw you mentioned 1 cup. Looks like you must be manually kneading it.

ftr I happily went to a 5th wash with damu. It went the distance.

starting with 1 c root

a 5.5 c
b 4.5 c
c 2 c
d 1.25 c
e .75 c

On the third wash my wife split that 2 cups and both got great pleasure from it.
Noob question! How do you prep your Kava? Do you use Aluball?
When you say 5 washes, are you using 2 tablespoons at a time? And getting 5 shells out of it?
I ask because I think I might be wasting a lot of Kava. I did not find this Damu blend to be very krunkifying. But maybe I'm throwing too much out.

Last edited:

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
EDIT: Oops, I saw you mentioned 1 cup. Looks like you must be manually kneading it.

Noob question! How do you prep your Kava? Do you use Aluball?
When you say 5 washes, are you using 2 tablespoons at a time? And getting 5 shells out of it?
I ask because I think I might be wasting a lot of Kava. I did not find this Damu blend to be very krunkifying. But maybe I'm throwing too much out.
Yup, I'm putting one whole cup (or more) in a big muslin bag in a big bowl then adding a whole bunch of water and kneading for 10 minutes or so, until the grog is ready. Decant, then repeat with fresh water, but a smaller volume of water with each wash, till the root won't give up any more goodies.

Here is a very very very important note about damu in an aluball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot put much damu in an aluball.Anything much over 1 TBS will cause the damu grind to make a thick, clay-like paste that will line the inside of the ball, preventing any water from flowing through. So, e.g., the grog you would get in an aluball with 2 TBS damu would be thin and watery, with, as you say, zippo krunkification potential. But ONE TBS of damu on an aluball will get you a thick strong grog, like you'd get from 2 TBS of most other grinds. Soooooooooooo, if you want damu in an aluball, which is your right and is just fine, I assure you, do 1 TBS or just a teensy bit more (but no more than 4 tsp - aka 1 TBS + 1 tsp - in the aluball at a time, and 1 TBS alone is better) with 300 ml water. What I do is do one like that, then put the makas in a bowl, do another new TBS with 300 ml. Do that a bunch of times, and then after a bunch of shells like that, put the makas from the bowl in a bag and knead with 2 - 3 cups of water. You get a whole bunch of good shells of damu that way, and yes, krunkifimacation of the most wonderful kind.

Damu really is awesome grog, you do not want to miss it.

PS is it ok if I "root" around in your garbage?

Thanks so much for the tips!! Will definitely try to use 1 TBS now. I've noticed the clay-like paste you speak of. I got much stronger effects tonight from doing 3 separate Aluball washes with 2 TBS in the ball. Maybe a couple of washes with only 1 TBS will get more bang for the buck.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I tried Damu on 3 different occasions and I barely felt it. Definitely a subtle one for me.
How'd you prep it? I found it very strong, even at 6:1 on the first wash, and I take it to 5 washes. It had both me and my wife talking actual gibberish. It was amusing. Not to mention euphoric.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
Just aluballin about 17 grams between 2 balls. I let it soak and shake, can take hours.
I haven't tried it after work yet...

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Just aluballin about 17 grams between 2 balls. I let it soak and shake, can take hours.
I haven't tried it after work yet...
fwiw I find about 6g damu in an Aluball with 300 ml water and an ice cube or two makes a very nice shell, and pretty thick and tasty. Do 4 of those and save the makas and knead in a bag with 2 cups of water and you've had 6 large shells of fairly strong grog out of 4 TBS root. That should feel pretty good, or else I got monster RT kicking in and I need a lot less now.

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
It is the weakest Kava I ever had. With my usual dosage of 2-3 table spoons it is hard to notice any effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.