What's new

Has kava helped anyone quit caffeine?

Hello everyone! So I used to drink a lot of coffee and then switched over to tea but will have coffee occasionally. I noticed this past summer when I started drinking Kava I started craving less caffeine and feeling like I didn’t need it at all. Has anyone here had similar experiences?

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, the more kava I drink the less I want caffeine, at least to a degree. When I first started I quit drinking energy drinks everyday at work.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I was never a caffeine addict but I indulge in it less than I did a few years ago and only really use it as a tool to facilitate linear thought and of course wakefulness. I do think that tea, specifically Japanese tea is an awesome plant teacher though. And I do love a brew of high quality guayusa or gnawing on some fresh Kola nuts for a stimulating change in consciousness.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I never attempted to quit drinking caffeine beverages but I only drink Tea & Coffee. I stay away from high fructose corn syrup energy beverages. That garbage is better suited for unclogging drains...but I digress. I find myself well balanced between kava and caffeine, I sometimes drink them near each other and other than peeing more, I don't have any side effects.

Froggly

While kava didn’t slow down my caffeine intake, I’m definitely in the camp with people who inadvertently stopped drinking after using kava regularly. I was several months down the road before I even noticed.

I was never a heavy drinker-tapping out after just two of any drink, but I worked a place where drinks after work was a daily thing, (provided by the company, even) so to accidentally stop participating in this culture without noticing is kinda huge. I imagine if you’re drinking lots of caffeine it could have a similar effect.

I will still accept a drink on the right social occasion but my taste for alcohol has diminished significantly and my tolerance even more, since switching to kava.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
On the weeks I drink kava I don't drink coffee, because the combined dierutic effects are just too much for me. So hard to stay hydrated. When I'm not drinking kava, I drink coffee 24/7.