What's new

Hawaiian 'Awa From Cutting to Beverage Poster

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi everyone, I wanted to let you all know that I have a new poster for sale on my website. This poster is a very high quality poster made by the State of Hawaii Dept of Ag. These posters were also made possible by Ed Johnston and the Association for Hawaiian 'Awa.
This new poster shows how we go from kava cutting to the actual beverage and it shows all 13 known Hawaiian varieties of 'Awa. This is a great poster and you can find it here----Hawaiian 'Awa From Cutting to Beverage Poster
Aloha nui loa.

Chris
awa_poster_24x36_PRINT-page-001 (2).jpg

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
It is fantastic that this poster is available for interested folks to own one and maybe a nice addition to Kava Bar settings?
It has a great "working photo" of Jerry Konanui pressure washing some harvested 'Awa Nene.
It was always Jerry's dream to have an educational poster about Hawaiian 'awa but he did not live to see it.
Many of his photos are contained therein.
His cleaning method of 'awa root and stump has also been much appreciated and written about in at least one University study.
Besides the Association for Hawaiian 'Awa and the State of Hawai'i Dept. of Agriculture, we can thank Hawai'i Agricultural Research Center.
They did the grant paperwork.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
That would look great in my kitchen. :)

I picked it up with some instant Mahakea..been a while.

Bula.
That is odd. I did not realise this poster had ever been available to buy before.
Many were distributed within the State. This is a new batch of earlier poster.
But, again, famously not available outside Hawai'i before...as far as I know.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I love that I came back from vacation and the Instant was sitting in my mailbox but no poster, I did order both. Are they being shipped separately Chris?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I love that I came back from vacation and the Instant was sitting in my mailbox but no poster, I did order both. Are they being shipped separately Chris?
The poster is the packing material. You were supposed to glue it back together!! Just kidding. I have this same one and I love it. Definitely came in it's own tube.