What's new

Hawaiian Kava Center Tudei

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
So I got my HKC Tudei (in only 3 days) & its VERY powerful! I tested a dime size amt. & my entire tongue went numb. I had just eaten so I wasn't expecting much but I was wrong. It makes Wakacon seem like Kona Kava crap. Wowee-wow-wow!!!:jawdrop:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just a word to newer members, I drank this type of kava and experienced the worst side effect profile of any kava I've ever consumed in my life. It is most certainly suggested to avoid this type of kava.

Sorry @KeepOnKrunkin' but I have to make sure that if anyone finds this post they know the truth behind this kind of kava.

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Just a word to newer members, I drank this type of kava and experienced the worst side effect profile of any kava I've ever consumed in my life. It is most certainly suggested to avoid this type of kava.

Sorry @KeepOnKrunkin' but I have to make sure that if anyone finds this post they know the truth behind this kind of kava.
^ Thats not fair to HKC. That was YOUR experience which is anecdotal at best. This does not mean everyone is going to have your results. I did that little bit & I feel fine so far. If I get the same results as you I'll post it. HKC does say on the Tudei descript. that some love it some hate it. A disclaimer of sorts.

I'm sure some people that drink Jack Danels have felt like crap afterwards....but not everyone. Its damn strong kava use at your own risk.

verticity

I'm interested in things
^ Thats not fair to HKC. That was YOUR experience which is anecdotal at best. This does not mean everyone is going to have your results. I did that little bit & I feel fine so far. If I get the same results as you I'll post it. HKC does say on the Tudei descript. that some love it some hate it. A disclaimer of sorts.

I'm sure some people that drink Jack Danels have felt like crap afterwards....but not everyone. Its damn strong kava use at your own risk.
IIRC Kapm did tudei every day for like a year. You probably don't want to be another data point in that study.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Wakacon is like Kona Krap...

I've had issue with tudei as well. Just not the bleeding skin like ebola. The lethargy and dry skin was enough to turn me off.

Proceed with caution.

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Definitely not on my want list. I just ordered some Hiwa and Mahakea from them, much better choices in my opinion. The Kap'm words are not 'anecdotal at best'. Tudei is crap, will likely give you the itch much sooner than other Kavas, and research indicates it most likely was the culprit behind the great 'liver scare' we all know about....just sayin'

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
Tudei is alot like Everclear alcohol. It ain't something you drink everyday like an idiot. If you do don't blame Tudei...blame yourself.

D

Deleted User01

Well I'm on Kapm's side because I don't want Newbies to read this and think that this is the best buy for their money. But I will defend @KeepOnKrunkin' right to consume it and to review it. If one must do Tudei just remember the secret phrase, "It's a weekend Kava". If you do it only periodically and assuming your body doesn't react to it, you might just be ok. (no matter what everyone else says about you). :LOL: Hey, let's make this the weekend post!

Also, welcome back @KavaLot. Haven't see you around in a while. @KavaLot came up the brilliant idea of straining Micronized to make bottles of Micronized Syrup Concentrate. In those days, the Micro was not as fine and straining it was a boon for those adverse to fiber. I was just looking back at some of the posts and somewhere along the way I got banned. :whistle:
Ahhh, good times! :D

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor

I think it is very fair to let those new to kava know this because it is important and Kapms experience is not limited to him so it can not be anecdotal. Every kava expert here in Hawaii that has tried it does not drink it because of the bad effects they get. That being said there are some people, very few that can drink it, the more you drink it the more you will start to feel the bad effects of tudei kava. It is only fair make this known so those new to kava do not have a bad experience for the first time trying kava. To mention a few experts that do not drink it because of the bad effects they got. Me, Ed J.,HC Bittenbender, JD Baker, Cliff S., Mel J., Dr. Lebot, H. Turner. and this is just the kava experts, I know of regular kava drinkers that will not touch it, also in Vanuatu, nobody I know drinks tuedi, when Henry went to Vanuatu, he asked as many Ni Vanuatu if they drink it and they laugh and say no never. All of this should tell you something. That something is that Tudei kava is not for daily drinking and does cause unwanted effects. Drink this kava for a few months and see if you do not start to feel some of the bad effects that are known to be caused by tudei kava. Again I am just stating this so others will know the truth about this, the truth is there are known bad effects from this and the truth is that some people can handle it for a while but even then those that can handle it in the beginning will find that it build up in there system and they will experience kava hang overs and lethargy. When those that have experienced this switch to Noble kava they do not have the lethargy or hang overs. Keep drinking it and you might find out what we are talking about. I hope that you do not find out but there is a good chance that you will. Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Tudei is alot like Everclear alcohol. It ain't something you drink everyday like an idiot. If you do don't blame Tudei...blame yourself.
People in Vanuatu do not drink tudei at all so they blame the kava for its effects. They drink Noble kava and they love to blame it for the good effects, that is why they drink it. Stay traditional and you wont have problems. Tudei could eventually give kava in general a bad name. Aloha.

Chris

KavaLot

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Deleted User01! Indeed, it has been awhile. Been busy with life, but never too busy for kava. Trying some different varieties and some old faithful these days. It's nice to see the selection of fine, quality vendors increase. I should be back on line for awhile, life has started to settle down :LOL:

Pacifico

Kava Enthusiast
This is actually a good post because whoever searches for this one and finds this posting will not likely try it. Hawaiian Kava Center sold this one to the wrong person. This particular posting member posted an excerpt/article on tudei earlier in the week. He ran into something that he thought might be "harsh", he sought it out, he tried it, and now he is happy to tell everyone about it. It must be noted that he did this after individuals that replied to his post had told him about their own experiences with dermo, bleeding, nausea, and issues with urination. He still wanted to try it. In fact, immediately after reading about "bloody sheets", he said that he was "very tempted." He posted for feedback about something, the replies were 100 percent negative, and he went for it anyway. Based on his other posts, he is the type that is seeking and extreme and is obviously open to the risks. I am actually alright with that. He probably won't hurt anyone but himself. (I certainly don't wish any harm to him either, whether or not he chooses to take the risks.) If it wasn't for the Forums, I wouldn't know about the risks myself. I would like to point out that this member said recently (in a previous post) that Americans are "too socially irresponsible to have free access to ----." If this is how he really feels, he is a hypocrite because there is nothing socially or personally responsible about his decision to try such products after seeking out opinions and being strongly advised not to for very specific reasons. His argument is that a lot of people purchase this product and therefore, there must be conflicting information. Well, it is doubtful that he knows the actual numbers when it comes to sales of this product but even if he did, there are many dangerous products that people purchase and consume on a daily basis. There are many examples but we surely only need to look at the sale of tobacco products. I surely have said enough but if I can leave everyone with a quote, coincidentally by the this same member:

The subtlety of kava

"I suspect alot of newbies mistakenly quickly dismiss kava's incredible benefits due to its subtlety. They go in expecting a high or strong tranquilization when the beauty IMO of kava is it's subtlety. It relaxes w/out impairing or intoxifying." -

Discussion in 'Kava Lounge' started by KeepOnKrunkin', Sunday at 5:11 PM.

"So I got my HKC Tudei (in only 3 days) & its VERY powerful! I tested a dime size amt. & my entire tongue went numb. I had just eaten so I wasn't expecting much but I was wrong. It makes Wakacon seem like Kona Kava crap. Wowee-wow-wow!!!:jawdrop:"

Runding

Kava Enthusiast
@Pacifico I think you're going a little overboard, personally. No need to call him a hypocrite, etc.

I think the moral of the story, and no one disagrees, is that Noble Kava > Tudei Kava. If you want to try Tudei kava, you should know the risks. It seems like he understands the risks and has weighed them. We're all different and use kava for different reasons. No need to judge him so harshly.

blindy107

Kava Lover
HKC sells it for a reason so alot of people must disagree w/ you. So far so good. No complaints yet.
Are you for realsies?? Everything is sold for a reason...money. Obviously a persons well-being takes a back seat to this. Look at tobacco. It's sold for a reason too.

As stated, feel free to try it. If it works, that's great. Just don't assume it's safe because it's being sold. ::awesomesmiles::

verticity

I'm interested in things
I have no problem with people trying tudei to satisfy their curiosity, as long as those people are not me. Hopefully @KeepOnKrunkin' will report back to us tomorrow morning about any aftereffects/hangover.

Status
Not open for further replies.