What's new

Hawaiian Kava Center Tudei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadie

Kava Enthusiast
I read Tudei translated means 2 days or is that how it is pronounced? Is it really dangerous? And why is it? I'm going for a week in the sun today so won't be drinking any Kava. I don't want to take anything that's going to poison me. Do the Islanders drink Tudei? Sorry I'm very uneducated still as only been using for a relatively short time.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
I read Tudei translated means 2 days or is that how it is pronounced? Is it really dangerous? And why is it? I'm going for a week in the sun today so won't be drinking any Kava. I don't want to take anything that's going to poison me. Do the Islanders drink Tudei? Sorry I'm very uneducated still as only been using for a relatively short time.
Hi Sadie, it is pronounced like two day, it is a type of pidgin language in Vanuatu, the Ni Vanuatu speak it. The Islanders do NOT drink tudei kava, they only drink Noble. There are some people that drink it and for a while there were actually a lot of people drinking it and did not even know it.
I do not think it will kill you but it will give you the dermopathy faster than with noble and a bit worst too. Some people will not be able to handle drinking it and they will vomit after drinking it but note that some do not, it does depend on the person, and all of my friends here in Hawaii do not drink it and when we did it certainly made us feel like vomiting and some did. It will also cause a hang over thus the name tudei, the effects can last for up to 2 days or more. Just remember tudei kava was never meant to drink, the locals used it in medicine and ceremonies, they only used Noble kava to drink. So if you want to use kava, the Islander have over 3000 years of experience using kava and I like to follow there lead.
There is also some scientific research that is being done right now that seems to point to the tudei possibly having some chemicals that we might want to stay away from. I hope this answered your question. Aloha.

Chris

KeepOnKrunkin'

Kava Enthusiast
The whole "..for 2500yrs south pacific islanders only drank the noble kava because tudei is poisonous" is hogwash. They drank the noble because the tudei tastes so bad its a nauseating experience just consume one shell much less many. There are many examples of people drinking tons of noble who've died of liver failure. A kavalactone is a kavalactone regardless of what kava variety its from. Some people drink alcohol everyday for years w/ (0) problems & some people drink for few months and turn yellow as Big Bird. Its not THAT cut & dried of an issue. I will say this IF a kava bar only sold tudei they'd go out of business in less than a week.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
The whole "..for 2500yrs south pacific islanders only drank the noble kava because tudei is poisonous" is hogwash. They drank the noble because the tudei tastes so bad its a nauseating experience just consume one shell much less many. There are many examples of people drinking tons of noble who've died of liver failure. A kavalactone is a kavalactone regardless of what kava variety its from. Some people drink alcohol everyday for years w/ (0) problems & some people drink for few months and turn yellow as Big Bird. Its not THAT cut & dried of an issue. I will say this IF a kava bar only sold tudei they'd go out of business in less than a week.
No, you are just plain wrong, I have my proof, scientific proof, I would like to see yours. Show me the proof that all these people died from liver failure. I challenge you to show us! I have the lists from the doctors that show all the liver cases and they do not even add up the the amount you say there are, please show us! The taste is not the reason they do not drink it, I am sorry but you are misinformed. You say that you do not put faith in what is in the internet but a lot of your posts is showing us articles from the internet. Go figure that one. Lets see your proof, if not just leave this alone and enjoy your tudei kava. I know what I am talking about because I have the proof, I have been in meetings with doctors and scientist, looking at the evidence. Have you? What you are saying is just plain conjecture and as you put it hogwash. Come on, get real, you are still showing your lack of knowledge on this subject, I am sorry to say but it is true.
Aloha.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.