What's new

Heavy extracts?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Is there a heavy extract out there? Something not too bad tasting or blended? My wife won't drink kava liquid. Most extracts I've seen are heady and that's not really what she needs.

Jay001

It probably isnt too hard to extract it yourself, I have been playing around with making extractions of Camomile and Skull cap in a rice cooker, have had some very good results so far. Maybe Kava will be my next experiment. I assume as Kava is fat soluble it would be simmilar to making RSO from cannabis…

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
Is there a heavy extract out there? Something not too bad tasting or blended? My wife won't drink kava liquid. Most extracts I've seen are heady and that's not really what she needs.
I know this isn't what you're asking for, but has your wife ever had Kava chased with heavy whipping cream? You literally can't taste the Kava. You hold breath while chugging Kava, the immediately drink about an ounce of heavy cream. It coats your mouth so you won't taste the Kava once you start breathing again. I do it when I'm driving an exceptionally strong Kava. I'm pretty sure y'all have tried tons of chasers but I thought I would throw that out just in case! Maybe it can help someone else. Good luck!! Let us know if you find that extract!!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I know this isn't what you're asking for, but has your wife ever had Kava chased with heavy whipping cream? You literally can't taste the Kava. You hold breath while chugging Kava, the immediately drink about an ounce of heavy cream. It coats your mouth so you won't taste the Kava once you start breathing again. I do it when I'm driving an exceptionally strong Kava. I'm pretty sure y'all have tried tons of chasers but I thought I would throw that out just in case! Maybe it can help someone else. Good luck!! Let us know if you find that extract!!
Thank you, I'll suggest it but I think it's drinking it in the first place that she struggles with no matter what it's chased with! Also she's had a gastric bypass so is worried about whether that would affect the absorption, etc. A sub lingual method like an extract appeals to her more.

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
Thank you, I'll suggest it but I think it's drinking it in the first place that she struggles with no matter what it's chased with! Also she's had a gastric bypass so is worried about whether that would affect the absorption, etc. A sub lingual method like an extract appeals to her more.
Hmm... I can totally see the bypass as a reason to worry about the absorption thing! It makes sense that she'd prefer something sublingual. Good luck Edward and wife! I really hope y'all can figure this out!! :woot:

Hitch

Kava Curious
Kwk concentrate is heavy due to ascorbic acids effect on kavain
I’ve tried this extract recently and did notice a heavier effect, how does ascorbic acid impact kavain? Do acids/acidity in general damage the kavalactones?