What's new

Help me find the right kava please!

C

chickenpins

Hi everyone! As I'm from Australia, and am unable to order online, I need to wait until a trip to the US to buy kava, and can only bring up to 2kg back. As such, I have to be very selective about bringing the right kava back. Firstly, I have never had a kava capsule that has been anything but exceptionally disappointing! Do any kava pills/capsules exist actually work??!? Also, I have had some good results from instant kava, like N@H shaman and Kava King instant kava, but I have never had any luck with brewing real kava... I've read instructions and even used lecithin etc, but I must be doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated on capsules, instant kava drinks, proper kava powder etc. Which ones are the best? Do Paradise Kava Flavoured Extracts work? Has anyone tried GoKava's Super Instant Kava? And how do i make kava properly? Sorry I'm such a novice!

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi ChickenPins, I really wish that Australia would reconsider there stand on kava, it must be very frustrating for you to have to fly out to get your kava. First off, I do not care for 98% of the capsules or pills out there, you will not get the same effect as you will from the actual powdered root and making the drink in the traditional way. I am making a few more videos on how to prepare the kava and I will be posting them very soon, it is actually very easy to make.
The instant from N@H is good and it is a true instant, the stuff from KavaKing if I am not mistaken is micronized, if they still get there kava from the same supplier then it is micronized, I know the supplier very well and have tried there kava before, it is a good micronized kava. I have not tried the instant from GoKava maybe someone else has and can comment on it.
The extracts from PK is also good and will work but it is a bit different than the actual drink.
If you do get to the USA let me know and I will give you a special price if you want to get some Hawaiian Kava.
Let us know if you have any other questions, this place is full of great people with a lot of knowledge, aloha.

Chris

C

chickenpins

Jack, you get it shipped to aus via ebay? And customs lets it through? Which kava?

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Jack, are you talking about ebay in Australia? I did not know that you could buy it from ebay in Australia. I wonder if I could set up an account and start selling to you folks that way or do I need to be in Australia? I guess that would be a good reason for me to come visit down under, I have been wanting to check out all those Opal mines. (y)
Aloha.

Chris

Jack

Kava Curious
yes the person i buy it from is in Australia and if you wanted to sell it to Australians you would need somewhere in australia to distribute from, and yeah Australian Ebay, if you did id love to buy a heap off you :)

C

chickenpins

Chris, thanks for your reply by the way, I really appreciate it. I'm going to be in Honolulu in December, are you based there? But in the meantime, I'd love to try your product through eBay if possible?

Mystic

Kava Curious
There are a few on ebay australia, and also on gumtree. I am saving up the $80-100 needed to get a kg. Any idea how long that would last one person? I'm thinking 3 months or so.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
1 Kg would usually last me somewhere between a month to a month and a half...depending on dosage and usage.

Mystic

Kava Curious
I have often watched Foblads auctions, so he has a nice mix? I will try it out. I'm hoping to get Waka Kava, the last auction I saw was taken down a few hours later, they had 3 listings but all disappeared without a trace and I didn't have a chance to save the seller. I wondered if it had been reported but the other auctions were there, so perhaps a private sale for the lot. I just love that you can still buy in Australia, even if it is dear, at least it's not taxed like Alcohol.
Thanks for the info Shakas, and Jack. :)

Jack

Kava Curious
yeah his kava is good although hes pretty much the only person i have ever gotten kava from so i have yet to try many kavas.

Jack

Kava Curious
I have often watched Foblads auctions, so he has a nice mix? I will try it out. I'm hoping to get Waka Kava, the last auction I saw was taken down a few hours later, they had 3 listings but all disappeared without a trace and I didn't have a chance to save the seller. I wondered if it had been reported but the other auctions were there, so perhaps a private sale for the lot. I just love that you can still buy in Australia, even if it is dear, at least it's not taxed like Alcohol.
Thanks for the info Shakas, and Jack. :)
if you find the seller again send me a link :)

Mystic

Kava Curious
I will, I was on my tablet, and didn't think of taking in the user name, and it was gone so quickly. 110$ buy it now kg for Waka Kava. I have Kava as a favourite search so am notified whenever an auction is listed. There was someone on Gumtree who said they just got back from fiji with fresh Kava, but Gumtree isn't as rock solid as Ebay.

infraredz

BULA!
Is this the sort of thing where a sort of "re-seller" would be helpful for y'all?

I only ask because I've had people do it for me with other things and it helps a great deal. If it's legal and cost-effective, I'd be more than happy to help you out!