What's new

HELP me please Kava Experts - trying to find a mellower kava.

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
I'm hoping y'all can help a brother out here.
I LOVE kava, it has been a part of my life for a few years now and I drink it every weekend.
I normally get only "hi octane" kavas, lateral roots only, the "good shit" as they say.
Kava Time's "Gourmet Savusavu Waka" is my go-to.
The problem is when I drink these lateral-root kavas at night, I can't sleep, they get my mind working overtime, almost "trippin" if that makes sense.
During the daytime there is no such issue and I just get a good krunk vibe and all is well.
I need a kava that does not activate my mind so powerfully, please recommend something that (in weed terms) is more of a "mids" situation, but still hi-quality. Appreciate any feedback!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I LOVE kava, it has been a part of my life for a few years now and I drink it every weekend.
I normally get only "hi octane" kavas, lateral roots only, the "good shit" as they say.
The problem is when I drink these lateral-root kavas at night, I can't sleep, they get my mind working overtime, almost "trippin" if that makes sense.
During the daytime there is no such issue and I just get a good krunk vibe and all is well.
I need a kava that does not activate my mind so powerfully, please recommend something that (in weed terms) is more of a "mids" situation, but still hi-quality. Appreciate any feedback!
I would try Kavafied Kava Supreme, GHK Hiwa, KWK Borongoru or BKH Nangol Noble. Supreme is a heavy hitter, Hiwa feels like a creeper. KWK will slap you in the face and Nangol noble adds a nice touch of sedation, They are all excellent in their own right.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
This can happen to me as well. Kavafied supreme, BKH Nambawan, and Squanch (waka) are all ones that are good and heavy for me that don't induce the wired but tired no sleep nights. @Krunʞy suggest BKH Nangol but it is borderline for me for nighttime use.

bogmonkey

Kava? Yes please!
Thanks to both of you...ordered some Kava Supreme (I am located just across the bay from Kavafied headquarters so I like to support them when I can)

Kavacoordinate

Kava Enthusiast
Just my 2 on hiwa. I just had some of the fresh hiwa and I had to go back for another session with the Solomon islands lapita to take the edge off

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks to both of you...ordered some Kava Supreme (I am located just across the bay from Kavafied headquarters so I like to support them when I can)
You might already know this, but it can be good know that you can pick up a purchase in-person at their location...if it's convenient for you, and you don't want to wait for the shipping process.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
If you want milder but much mellower kava that's conducive for sleep, I'd suggest kava vinakas lawena. It's cheap and good for anxiety and sleep. It also tastes very pleasant. Even has a little euphoria. It's kinda like Nene from ghk but a little less heady and maybe a tad stronger. I always buy 2 lbs.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I don't think you have to stop drinking Savusavu, I certainly wouldn't, it's as excellent as anyone could want a kava to be.

However, and this is especially true for me the heavier the kava it is, and Savusavu, bless its lovely soul, is a very heavy kava. Anyway, I find the closer to bedtime I drink very heavy kava, the more likely it is to keep me awake. However, if I STOP drinking it, have my last shell at least an hour before bedtime, and ideally one or two or even three or four, I then sleep like a baby and it does not keep me up. Give that a try before you switch, as this is a bit cheaper.

But if you do want to keep shelling right up to bed then switch to a headier kava for the last shell or two or three. IMO. ymmv