What's new

Help with KWK Micronized Kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

raithee

I just ordered some Micronized Kava from Kalm With Kava, how many Tea Spoons per 8oz of water would you recommend?

I have been doing 2 Tea Spoons per 8oz mainly because beyond that the taste would be unbearable in my opinion. (I just started)

However after consuming about 8-9 Tea Spoons over the course of an hour and a half yesterday i felt nothing of note, except an upset stomach that lasted the whole day.

I do not want to give up, after reading peoples reactions here i really want to stick to this and see if this is for me, i do after all have 4oz of Borongoru Micro and 4oz of Pouni Ono Micro, as well as 30 servings of yhe concentrate which is absolutely divine as it made me extremely relaxed before bed last night. After hearing how much weaker the concentrate is compared to the root i can only assume i must be doing something wrong.

Any advice? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
One rough heuristic with kava: if a normal dose isn't working, taking several times the dose is not advised. Particularly when starting out you want to aim for a threshold dose and not overshoot, at least not until you have the experience to get really good at overshooting.

What I would recommend is sort of the opposite of what you're doing. When you start out, until your body's receptors are trained up to react to kavalactones, everything your pour down your throat beyond the minimum dose needed for training your body is basically wasted, if you feel nothing either way, or worse, if it makes you feel bad. What I would recommend is take 1 tsp a day for 2 weeks and expect nothing. But then try a higher dose, but also, don't keep adding more on the day you miss a mark. When you miss your mark, better to give up for the day and try again the next day with more, not try in an hour with more. So you would see a daily pattern, for purposes of breaking through RT, of something more like, 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,3,1,4,1,5,1,6..... or whatever it is to take you to a threshold dose, i.e. the minimum dose at which you feel effects. I suspect when it comes it would be more in the nature of 2 tsp or 3 tsp, somewhere around there, or it could be 1 tsp.

On the other hand, your approach might work and it just hasn't happened yet.

Kava should always feel good. If it doesn't, something is wrong.

tarragon

Kava Curious
One rough heuristic with kava: if a normal dose isn't working, taking several times the dose is not advised. Particularly when starting out you want to aim for a threshold dose and not overshoot, at least not until you have the experience to get really good at overshooting.

What I would recommend is sort of the opposite of what you're doing. When you start out, until your body's receptors are trained up to react to kavalactones, everything your pour down your throat beyond the minimum dose needed for training your body is basically wasted, if you feel nothing either way, or worse, if it makes you feel bad. What I would recommend is take 1 tsp a day for 2 weeks and expect nothing. But then try a higher dose, but also, don't keep adding more on the day you miss a mark. When you miss your mark, better to give up for the day and try again the next day with more, not try in an hour with more. So you would see a daily pattern, for purposes of breaking through RT, of something more like, 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,1,3,1,4,1,5,1,6..... or whatever it is to take you to a threshold dose, i.e. the minimum dose at which you feel effects. I suspect when it comes it would be more in the nature of 2 tsp or 3 tsp, somewhere around there, or it could be 1 tsp.

On the other hand, your approach might work and it just hasn't happened yet.

Kava should always feel good. If it doesn't, something is wrong.
Whoops, I think I have been taking several times the normal dose but it's working. I am trying to figure out what you mean by getting really good at overshooting.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
I just ordered some Micronized Kava from Kalm With Kava, how many Tea Spoons per 8oz of water would you recommend?

I have been doing 2 Tea Spoons per 8oz mainly because beyond that the taste would be unbearable in my opinion. (I just started)

However after consuming about 8-9 Tea Spoons over the course of an hour and a half yesterday i felt nothing of note, except an upset stomach that lasted the whole day.

I do not want to give up, after reading peoples reactions here i really want to stick to this and see if this is for me, i do after all have 4oz of Borongoru Micro and 4oz of Pouni Ono Micro, as well as 30 servings of yhe concentrate which is absolutely divine as it made me extremely relaxed before bed last night. After hearing how much weaker the concentrate is compared to the root i can only assume i must be doing something wrong.

Any advice? Thanks :)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mostly use KWK Micronized and find a good mix is one and a half cups of room temperature water with two heaped teaspoons Kava. if you mix it in a Blender at high speed, it tends to taste better. I have just bought and tried some Borogu, and its very nice, but I have mostly used Borongoru and Pouni Ono in the past.

Kari

Kava Curious
I mostly use KWK Micronized and find a good mix is one and a half cups of room temperature water with two heaped teaspoons Kava. if you mix it in a Blender at high speed, it tends to taste better. I have just bought and tried some Borogu, and its very nice, but I have mostly used Borongoru and Pouni Ono in the past.
I am taking both of those and haven't felt a thing. I take 1 T twice in a session. Pouni- I take 1 heaping T twice in a session- during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.