What's new

Hey Everyone - New to Kava, been a week, just took around 10 teaspoons of instant borongoru

SeanGolden

Hey Everyone!

First off, I have been browsing this forum, and it is awesome how amazingly helpful and kind everyone is here! =)

I am currently working my way out of reverse tolerance. I started kava just over a week ago, first time at a kava bar. 3-4 days later, I had pouni ono and borongoru from KWK, instant for both. (Will get medium grind next to save money)

Most days I’ve been taking a low dose (3-6 tsp), usually 3 tsp at a time, spread apart by 10-20 min. 4+ hours empty stomach. Wait 30 min after last dose to eat.

I just took 10-11 tsp of borongoru this evening, through the course of about an hour to 1.5 hours. Definitely feeling something, felt sort of drunk, as in the most noticeable effect was my walking when I first stand up. The mental effects are underwhelming currently. No euphoria, at least, not by what I think euphoria is.

I hope that this isn’t all there is and that I still haven’t completely broken through RT.

(Btw, I did feel a little something at the kava bar the first time too, again, not strong)

Thanks everyone!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hey Everyone!

First off, I have been browsing this forum, and it is awesome how amazingly helpful and kind everyone is here! =)

I am currently working my way out of reverse tolerance. I started kava just over a week ago, first time at a kava bar. 3-4 days later, I had pouni ono and borongoru from KWK, instant for both. (Will get medium grind next to save money)

Most days I’ve been taking a low dose (3-6 tsp), usually 3 tsp at a time, spread apart by 10-20 min. 4+ hours empty stomach. Wait 30 min after last dose to eat.

I just took 10-11 tsp of borongoru this evening, through the course of about an hour to 1.5 hours. Definitely feeling something, felt sort of drunk, as in the most noticeable effect was my walking when I first stand up. The mental effects are underwhelming currently. No euphoria, at least, not by what I think euphoria is.

I hope that this isn’t all there is and that I still haven’t completely broken through RT.

(Btw, I did feel a little something at the kava bar the first time too, again, not strong)

Thanks everyone!
Welcome!

Initial tolerance can be a pain, however once you get a good routine started, kava will last much much longer. I also suggest traditional prep medium grind kava.

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
Hey Everyone!

Thanks everyone!
Hello and Welcome! So you're taking about 2.5 TBSP of instant. If you want the more euphoric feeling you want to steer towards Puoni Ono or combine the two. RT is a bit of a pain but you did feel something and that's listening to the kava. I think you're approach is good. I didn't want to slap myself over the head with Kava since I've done it with other things. You have two great strains. Medium grind is the way to go but I started with micronized. Nothing wrong with ease of use. You WILL experience the Kava. Sometimes it's longer or shorter but the 'aha' moment is unmistakable. Enjoy!

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
Hey Everyone!

Thanks everyone!
I started with micronized as well. I could never quite get the effects I was hoping for with it, but when I switched to medium grind (I use about 5-6tbs in two washes, first with 2 1/2 cups, second with 1 3/4-2 cups) I started really getting the full brunt of the effects, mild euphoria and wonderful relaxation/sedation. I found the micronized gave me some relaxation and good anxiolytic properties, so it was decent at first, but when I switched to medium grind I could never go back. Its far stronger, and there's a large variety of different strains as opposed to the very limited variety micronized offers.