What's new

Hey Everyone!

IslandLeaf

Kava Curious
This is my first post on this forum. I figured I would introduce myself.

I have yet to check out the kavapedia but will be heading there directly after this post.

I have heard a lot of good stuff about kava by Rex.

I am 28 years old and live in south Florida. We have quite a few kava bars up here. I experienced my first shell around 15 years old.

I do not drink kava daily. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, its been awhile! :(

I have had all sorts of kava except the focusing/energetic kind. Recently reading about the "energetic" kind I didn't even know that it existed.

I was hoping someone could share their knowledge and experience with me.

Kavapedia here I come!

Mike

D

Deleted User01

Welcome to the Forum @IslandLeaf! ::awesomesmiles:: For my taste, Mo'i from GHK is the most focusing/energetic kind. I use it during the afternoon to escape the afternoon doldrums. I guess you could say it is a daytime kava.

IslandLeaf

Kava Curious
Sounds very nice. For some reason I just can't imagine kava being energetic. I guess it's because I have never had it! haha I am so used to relaxation to the point of sleep haha. GHK stands for which vendor? I was also told to check out Tongan Pride kava by kavabyrex.com... With these focusing strains do they produce any anxiety? I would imagine it being a relaxing energy. If that makes sense. Thanks so much for your response! :)

D

Deleted User01

Sounds very nice. For some reason I just can't imagine kava being energetic. I guess it's because I have never had it! haha I am so used to relaxation to the point of sleep haha. GHK stands for which vendor? I was also told to check out Tongan Pride kava by kavabyrex.com... With these focusing strains do they produce any anxiety? I would imagine it being a relaxing energy. If that makes sense. Thanks so much for your response! :)
GHK is Gourmet Hawaiian Kava. He is a Kava Farmer in Hawaii and he grows, processes, and sells Noble Hawaiian Kava. He also resells a few other Noble strains. I don't know if Mo'i or any kava is energizing to your point. When I get the afternoon doldurms, I get totally unmotivated to attack any major projects. After the Mo'i, the doldrums are washed away and I can refocus on my work and be productive for a few more hours. It seems to wash away that negative feeling that hampers any chance of begin productive. When I quit work and go outside to tend to the spring gardening chores, the Mo'i helps me stay motivated and in a positive frame of mind. After chores and supper, the couch beckons. ::couch::

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Welcome, @IslandLeaf! Great to have you aboard.

My daytime/party kava selections are (in this order:)

1. Mo'i from GHK
2. Pouni Ono from Kalm
3. Nambawan from BKH
4. KavaBoy kava from KavaBoy
5. Borongoru from Kalm

Mo'i is a staple. That's a very special root.