What's new

Hi, new member here.

Dru Zod

Well, I’ve been a member for a few weeks but I haven’t posted yet. Not sure what I should say here to be honest.
I’ve only used kava a handful of times and I found it on my search to give up alcohol. I’m 8 days sober right now and over the moon with that. I think I over did it with the instant Kava I got though, i did look up how much I should use on google and found a site that said 2 tablespoons. And it’s, I think, given me the worst rash of my life. It’s not dermopathy but an actual rash, more like hives. I have had some hydrocortisone cream from my Dr which appears to be clearing it up quite well. Is this normal when you over do it? Has anyone else experienced it?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Well, I’ve been a member for a few weeks but I haven’t posted yet. Not sure what I should say here to be honest.
I’ve only used kava a handful of times and I found it on my search to give up alcohol. I’m 8 days sober right now and over the moon with that. I think I over did it with the instant Kava I got though, i did look up how much I should use on google and found a site that said 2 tablespoons. And it’s, I think, given me the worst rash of my life. It’s not dermopathy but an actual rash, more like hives. I have had some hydrocortisone cream from my Dr which appears to be clearing it up quite well. Is this normal when you over do it? Has anyone else experienced it?
Welcome aboard!

For future reference, use 2-3 Teaspoons max of instant kava. It's not a normal reaction, it's possible you're very sensitive to kava, maybe try 1-2 teaspoons instead to 8-12 fluid ounces of water.

Also possible the quality of the instant wasn't good, which vendor did you buy it from?

Last edited:

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
If you can get use to the taste, try medium grind. You're much less likely to have any skin reaction this way and imo the effects are longer lasting and stronger (since you're using it for an alcohol alternative)

Dru Zod

Welcome aboard!

For future reference, use 2-3 Teaspoons max of instant kava. It's not a normal reaction, it's possible you're very sensitive to kava, maybe try 1-2 teaspoons instead to 8-12 fluid ounces of water.

Also possible the quality of the instant wasn't good, which vendor did you buy it from?
I got it from Edward on here. I’m guessing I just had a bad reaction because I used way too much. I had some medium grind not long ago and feel fine right now.

Dru Zod

If you can get use to the taste, try medium grind. You're much less likely to have any skin reaction this way and imo the effects are longer lasting and stronger (since you're using it for an alcohol alternative)
Yeah, I had some tonight. Feel fine atm. I think I just used way too much of the instant and that’s why it caused a reaction.

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
Yeah, I had some tonight. Feel fine atm. I think I just used way too much of the instant and that’s why it caused a reaction.
Hi there and welcome. This helped me to stop abusing alcohol. It isn't the same but there are no regrets and no anxiety. You've chosen a path to healing. It could have been a reaction to too much. If you're not breaking out now then it could have just been a one off experience. It's a journey.