What's new

Video Hiwa Review

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I have posted a review of Hiwa on youtube. Kavasseur has not reviewed the GHK Hiwa although has reviewed Hiwa from other vendors. I have his blessing to do these reviews, I made a point of asking him and he is completely cool with it. Sorry about the quality in this video, I'm not sure why it's so bad, possibly to do with the lighting. I'll try harder next time. I believe there will be a next time, I'm actually enjoying doing these. I'd love some feedback one way or the other about this.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I have posted a review of Hiwa on youtube. Kavasseur has not reviewed the GHK Hiwa although has reviewed Hiwa from other vendors. I have his blessing to do these reviews, I made a point of asking him and he is completely cool with it. Sorry about the quality in this video, I'm not sure why it's so bad, possibly to do with the lighting. I'll try harder next time. I believe there will be a next time, I'm actually enjoying doing these. I'd love some feedback one way or the other about this.

Keep them coming! Video reviews help convey the subtle effects a kava can impart. Thank you for this.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Is that the famous lorry?! Looks nice in there dude, I guess I didn't realize you do long hauls. I like the idea of drinking kava while camping in your truck over night around rainy olde England. Ever drive to Scotland?

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Is that the famous lorry?! Looks nice in there dude, I guess I didn't realize you do long hauls. I like the idea of drinking kava while camping in your truck over night around rainy olde England. Ever drive to Scotland?
That's why I need 4 shakers and 12 balls! Got a fridge but no sink. It can be pretty comfortable although British trucks are about a quarter of the size of a US one. I've been to Scotland quite a lot with work but also holiday there quite often. The longest job I have done is from Poole in Dorset to Dundee.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
That is the best video review I have seen, no joke. Please make more, I love your video review and I think more would be great.
Thanks for posting this video. Are you in Scotland? You must be part of Clan McKenzie, :) I just finished watching a show called Outlander, it was a great show and I love the land and views in Scotland.
Aloha.

Chris

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
That is the best video review I have seen, no joke. Please make more, I love your video review and I think more would be great.
Thanks for posting this video. Are you in Scotland? You must be part of Clan McKenzie, :) I just finished watching a show called Outlander, it was a great show and I love the land and views in Scotland.
Aloha.

Chris
Thanks Chris, not in Scotland tonight, I live in London but travel all over. I think I saw a bit of Outlander.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
That's why I need 4 shakers and 12 balls! Got a fridge but no sink. It can be pretty comfortable although British trucks are about a quarter of the size of a US one. I've been to Scotland quite a lot with work but also holiday there quite often. The longest job I have done is from Poole in Dorset to Dundee.
I was curious about what that distance would look like to me, so I made a little comparative map. I've actually never driven farther than LA to Sacramento, which is about 400 miles, and that's about 100 miles less than the Poole to Dundee drive. What's the highway speed limit out there?
uk-ca.png

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I was curious about what that distance would look like to me, so I made a little comparative map. I've actually never driven farther than LA to Sacramento, which is about 400 miles, and that's about 100 miles less than the Poole to Dundee drive. What's the highway speed limit out there?
View attachment 8266
Comparisons like these always make me think "How on earth are all of those people packed in over there so densely"

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
View attachment 8266
The lorries are restricted to 55 miles per hour but the cars can do 70. Also I can only drive for 4.5 hours without a break and 9 in one day so it took me a day and a bit to get there.

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Comparisons like these always make me think "How on earth are all of those people packed in over there so densely"
They must really over-pack their big cities. I just googled Los Angeles, which is frustratingly over crowded and the population is about 4 million people in 500 Square Miles --- London is almost 9 million people in 600 Square Miles. More than twice the amount of people in nearly the same amount of space. It seems the streets should be so crowded with traffic that these terrorists could never acquire enough speed to run over innocent pedestrians...

Last edited:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@Edward That was an excellent review, definitely keep them coming. My favorite parts were you getting the last few drops out of the Aluball, that little swirl at the end that you do reminded me almost exactly what I do and that priceless krunked look at the end :)

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
They must really over-pack their big cities. I just googled Los Angeles, which is frustratingly over crowded and the population is about 4 million people in 500 Square Miles --- London is almost 9 million people in 600 Square Miles. More than twice the amount of people in nearly the same amount of space. It seems the streets should be so crowded with traffic that these terrorists could never acquire enough speed to run over innocent pedestrians...
It's no joke, crossing the Thames in London is a nightmare. There's a tunnel under the river called the Blackwall tunnel and if you try and go through it joining the queue at 7 am or later it can take you two hours to get through. In lots of places now as well they have introduced 20 mile an hour speed limits. Good for road safety, less kids getting run over but it can take forever to get anywhere.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Edward That was an excellent review, definitely keep them coming. My favorite parts were you getting the last few drops out of the Aluball, that little swirl at the end that you do reminded me almost exactly what I do and that priceless krunked look at the end :)
Yes, it gets interesting towards the end as you get more and more relaxed!

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I think you are the new Video Kava Reviewer, now all you need is a catchy nickname.
Yes I see... like The Kava Connoisseur... or The Connoisseur of Kava... I don't know, something like that maybe? ;-) . Anyway some suggestions would be good :)

The Kavateer... reviews without the drama.

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Yes I see... like The Kava Connoisseur... or The Connoisseur of Kava... I don't know, something like that maybe? ;-) . Anyway some suggestions would be good :)

The Kavateer... reviews without the drama.
I think that this is a great idea, I personally like "The Kava Connoisseur". (y)
Aloha.

Chris