What's new

hiwa

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
Since Hawaiian Kava Center is all out of hiwa, I order some from another vendor.  To those that tried hiwa, does it have a hint of Chief's Jungle evergreen/pine taste?

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
This is the product I ordered: http://www.treetopherbals...ava_p/hiwa-kava-8oz.htm, shipping was fast.

1st try, I used 1 cup root 2.5 water and a 2 cup wash. It had a hint of pine/evergreen taste. The shell went down smooth, no after taste, no gag reflex, no upset stomach. The effects were felt after 3rd shell. It was a balanced head/body more than mo'i. I drank a lot, made me tired and relaxed. Not a lot of euphoria. Slept great, had a nice long dream that oddly repeated itself, first time for me. but woke up tired, lazy and not motivated.

2nd try, 1 cup root, 3-4 cups water, 2 cup water wash. Less of a pine taste (almost gone). Again, easy to drink. Same lazy effects the next day don't remember any dreams this time.

Now, the effects could of been exaggerated due to the fact that I didn't want to go to bed so I made a batch of Solomon both times, I love the head feeling.

I'm going to wait till Hawaiian kava center has their version of hiwa in before I order this again.

kl.trevorlay

Kava Curious
any one know when they will get more of this kava? It sounds great, and their prices are cheap! avrage 35$ a Lb where most others are around that for half a pound.

kl.rcoz

Kava Enthusiast
I would like to know too, I sent an email and never heard back. I do noticed their Pana'ewa was posted a few days ago.