What's new

I Love Kava Friday Hold up.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Wait a second, I thought something felt familiar. That's right, kava lovers, we're here yet again. FRIDAY!!

May you all have an excellent weekend. It's hot. Stupid hot. Stay cool out there!

Bula/Malok!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Bulaaaa All! I've got some REEE BREWWWW sitting in a pot on the stove. It's already in the strainer, and my guess is the water is room temp by now. I don't usually drink rebrew kava at or before work, because it is heavier on my belly, naturally because more roots are used to brew the same volume of kava.

Today I will be. I didn't drink kava at work last night and it was kind of a drag. I drank water all night long. Kava at least has some electrolytes to help me with the sweating. I also find, with my body type, I can hold on to my hydration longer if there is food in my belly. If I am hungry, working hard, drinking water and sweating, I am probably in a fat burning stage of metabolism, and I don't have any spare body fat to be burned. I'll run through the water more slowly if I have food in my belly. This gives my kidneys and liver a break so that I may work them hard later when I drink lots of kava. Yes, I think kava makes kidneys and liver work. Even water does, likely kava more so than water. Nothing wrong with working our organs, they are made to be worked.

More about my fantastic rebrew technique: I'm using a nice grapefruit sized knot of waka roots, and they are seeing their second wash, meaning much of the kavalactones and essence is still in the root, waiting for another squeeze.

It's challenging to get all the kava out from just one wash, which is why I save the rebrews in the freezer. Some call them makas, and these can be considered WAKA MAKAS, after I'm done with them. At the moment I don't consider them makas , they are still very well viable roots to make a shell with.

Stay safe in the hot weather!

Malok

jewalker7842

Kava Curious
The wife is out of town so I have the kiddos for the weekend. I won’t be doing much this weekend, but being a parent and drinking some kava. :) I might get the bow out and shoot some arrows since deer season is right around the corner. So is our 10th anniversary trip to Oahu as well. :) Looking forward to going to islands.