What's new

Kava Recipe Home Made Kava Candy

Dingo

Kava Curious
My credit card is out of action (thanks fraudsters!) so I decided to try making some homemade kava candy. I have made some chewy and hard candy before, so I thought this would be easy. I used BKH Instant green, sugar, water and peppermint oil for flavour.

Well, first batch I cooked too long and it burned. Now I have Kava sugar crystals. Edible yes, but not quite what I was after. :meh:

I emptied the saucepan and tried again, keeping a close eye on the cooking time. Getting nervous, I removed batch #2 from the heat before it had reached the soft ball stage. Big mistake!

Now I have Kava goo :yuck: Just a little bit softer than jelly. Edible yes, but unappealingly gross. :eek:.....:dead:

Experiment over.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Hey you just need some marketing spin on that. Escape into the taste of kava goop! This is what your brain is going to look like after it melts in an ocean of kavalactones!

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
I bet if you mixed that in some jam it would be good..could be on to something there

D

Deleted User01

Dingo, when you perfect the recipe then we need to get it in the recipe book. Maybe it's a Kava Spread, who knows. Maybe you can make fudge. Hmmmm ....

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Hi @Dingo,

Were changing our TAG structure a little. We want to keep your great recipe in The Kavapedia, but we are combining the two tags "Kava Drink Recipe" and "Kava Food Recipe" into a single tag named "Kava Recipe".

If you don't mind would you please edit your thread and change the prefix of the title to "Kava Recipe" for us and The Kavapedia?

Thanks Much
HeadHodge

infraredz

BULA!
One of us got it changed, so no worries.

I love this sort of experimentation but I hope you get your credit card figured out, that's no fun at all. Thanks for the addition, this looks pretty awesome!