What's new

Honokane Iki - Heady or Heavy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerome

Kava Lover
So I've been perusing the forum looking for information about this powder and I see a number of comments from 2014 talking about it being the headiest of kavas. More recent reviews give it a more heavy rating. Is this just a variation in batches?

I see its chemotype ranks it similar to nene in the first four numbers. I loved Nene. If it hits like nene but stronger I'd be thrilled!

Any input from you Honokane fans?

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I didn't try it last time but this batch was very strongly heady and pretty heavy as well. The headiness isn't a clean uppity headiness its a punch in the face with some serious spaciness.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So I've been perusing the forum looking for information about this powder and I see a number of comments from 2014 talking about it being the headiest of kavas. More recent reviews give it a more heavy rating. Is this just a variation in batches?

I see its chemotype ranks it similar to nene in the first four numbers. I loved Nene. If it hits like nene but stronger I'd be thrilled!

Any input from you Honokane fans?
Its a good all around balanced yet strong kava. Can't go wrong and its fresh. I really like it

Jerome

Kava Lover
I see now. Great stuff. A little heady in the beginning. Actually a lot heady. Then the swirls set in. Makes your body wobble. Very similar to stone but more euphoria, more smiles. I dipped into a couple more kavas after the honokane tonight. I'll have to do a pure review another night. Also way too busy to really enjoy the kava to its fullest.

Jerome

Kava Lover
What's the closest to Mo'i in the lineup at the moment?
That's a good question. Mo'i is a unique bird. Nothing I've tried from the GHK lineup is really close but from Kalm with Kava, it compares well with pouni ono.

That being said, I haven't tried GHK Papa ele ele or the papa kea.

Maybe someone else can suggest a GHK product like moi.

Status
Not open for further replies.