What's new

Micronized Kava Review Honokane Iki

violet

Do all things with love
This kava is great, I think I am ruined on squeezing root as long as I have it in my pantry. A tablespoon is definitely "ahhh," three level tablespoons easily puts me where 50 grams of squeezed root usually does.

The is the least offensive kava I have ever tasted (and I am also currently enjoying GHK's Mo'i instant). I highly recommend trying both of these kavas while they are still available.

Last edited by a moderator:

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Three tbsp is equivalent to 8 tbsp squeezed? 1/4 cup is 20g if not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User01

When I did the math, I easily came up with 1 tab of Micronized is equal to 2 tabs of powder. I get confused with grams. In the Kava Kitchens, I asked both Bulabuck and Violet what they thought the ratio of root to micronized was. Violet said about 3-5 (so 4) micros.= 7 tabs of powder. BulaBuck said 1 micro=3 powder. That is why I did my own analysis on the Micronized. I rounded down to come up with 1 micro=2 Tablespoons. It is easily cost effective for me.

I sent Chris an email asking for more information on the Micronized as well. He told me he was friends who measure there dose of micronized in teaspoons. Hmmm, what a unique idea, teaspoons. He also told me that he has a unique process that ruptures the cell walls of the micronized to insure that the maximum of amount of Kavalactones are released. One more thing, not all Micronized is created equal. I searched the powder to find chunks and fibers and I found none. This is not the case with all brands of Micronized. I guess we wouldn't be reviewing this product if it wasn't so perfect in our Kava Kocktails. It's like instant on steroids.

Good review Violet. Now let's get back to the kitchen and come up with some more recipes. Orange Creme Soda and what else ......?

Last edited by a moderator:

violet

Do all things with love
Three tbsp is equivalent to 8 tbsp squeezed? 1/4 cup is 20g if not mistaken.
I think the weights of a dry measure can vary a lot depending on the kava and how it's packed into the measuring device, so weights will always be more accurate if we are going to compare amounts of kava with each other. I do know that when I squeeze root, the 5 really heaping, overflowing tablespoons of dry root that I use has so consistently come to around 50 grams for me that I quit weighing it out each time. I get three shells out of a root session. I have found with this micronized a single level tablespoon gives me as much effect as a shell of grog, so much that I have to space them out the same way.

@Deleted User01 I have been taking this in teaspoons a little bit when I have it during the day, I still use my tablespoon I just don't fill it the whole way :p. This micronized is awesome, the quality speaks volumes to the love and care that has gone into growing this root.

D

Deleted User01

You bring up a good point about doing a teaspoon here and there. I own a small business and I'm very, very busy all day long. When I get anxious, I depend on Kava. I don't have time to run into the kitchen for a Squeeze and Knead Session. The Micronized gives me a way to dump a bit into my Juice/Coffee and get the pick me up I need. I don't have to contend with people asking, "what are you drinking" because I'm drinking juice/coffee/soda. But then I have to contend with "Why are you so happy?". heh, heh, heh.

Here is another thing. I used to think that the Micronized was expensive until I did the math. Even then it might still be more expensive than the stuff they sell on Amazon. Here is my bottom line: I'm looking for convenience, quality, and potency and I don't mind spending a few extra bucks if I can get all three. I also like buying stuff made/grown in America but that's another rant all together.

violet

Do all things with love
So I weighed out a tablespoon of micronized as 8 grams. So 3 T's of the micronized to 50 grams of squeezed root puts it at 1:2 for me also.