What's new

Hop water/tea

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I tried hop tea out recently and fell in love. I always liked ipas when I would drink and did miss the flavor. Tried Hoplark citra bomb and was blown away. Ended up ordering two twelve packs on the first timer discount but Jesus this stuff is expensive. Equal to expensive craft beer at $2-3 per 16oz. If they could keep it under $2 I could work with that. Right now it’s a crazy splurge. I hope it gets cheaper and more brands emerge.

my favorites so far have been the citra bomb, spruce tips + sabro hops, and Thai basil (lightly hopped but incredibly bright)

lastly, i notice they are slightly soothing/relaxing. It’s probably partly placebo, but hops are known to have medicinal properties (they have a chamomile flavor but it’s not my jam) and it’s a great drink to wind down after work.

Anyone else tried these? Opinions? Other brands? Mostly was compelled to post to vent about the price on these beautiful babies

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Love these hoplark drinks. I've only had them a couple of times but as a former ipa lover as well, I have always been pleased. The chamomile one is actually good but not if you're not a chamomile fan. Imo, they are much tastier then making your own hop tea at home. The carbonation in the store bought brews makes a big difference.

I agree on the price, it's pretty rediculous. For the occasional treat though, it can be worth it.

I have also tried Hop WTR brand I think it was called and it was decent but the hoplark were better.

It would be cool to visit the hoplark tap room out in Colorado. Road trip anyone ;)?

Crowe

Kava Curious
Yes! I too was a hardcore IPA drinker. It was definitely My weakness. My local Whole foods carries a brand ( can't remember the name that's really good at about 1.50 per 12 oz) also Laguntas makes a IPNA that I enjoy. $9.99 a 6 pack.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I’ll have to try the lagunitas, if I can find it. That’s pretty affordable if it’s good and hoppy…

kw2292

Kava Curious
Big fan of the hop lark drinks. I assume they did their research and found a growing number of reformed hop-heads.

I’ve had decent luck recreating at home but you some need time to make it.
1 part Soda stream carbonated water with an extra pump
1 part strong green or other tea + Hop pellets in a self brew tea bag