What's new

How do you clean the strainer cloth?

Pauli

Kava Curious
Hygiene is alway very important for me, and this has nothing to do with corona. So I boil both my bowl and my strainer cloth before usage,
i also use gloves when kneading or wash my hands thouroly and I use 2 Spoons for kneading, which is tricky. However, how do you clean the strainer cloth?

Crunked

Proselytizer
Washing machine on a hot wash to clean, but do not add conditioner. To quickly reduce any bacteria after making a batch, rinse the strainer bag thoroughly, wring out most of the water and then put the damp bag in the microwave on full power for a minute or so. Ethanol can also be used as a solvent if your strainer has too much resin but you have to weigh up the cost of the ethanol compared to buying another strainer bag.

Jean

Kava Curious
Washing machine every month followed by hot water to get rid of wash powder. No bleach on synthetic strainer. Otherwise juste rinsing with tap water.

nabanga

Kava Enthusiast
I've never washed my strainer cloths in almost 30 years of mixing - they generally get holed after 2-3 months and get thrown away and replaced. Just a quick rinse under the tap after use and hung up to dry