What's new

How has quitting Kava affected you?

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
I'm curious about what quitting kava (or taking an extended break) is like. I havent taken any long breaks since I started so just curious what long term quitting looks like. I've learned a lot from Kava but does this way of being completely disappear once you stop? Or have some lessons stuck with you? I dont plan on quitting really anyway, but just wondering what would happen if I did.

Bula!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm curious about what quitting kava (or taking an extended break) is like. I havent taken any long breaks since I started so just curious what long term quitting looks like. I've learned a lot from Kava but does this way of being completely disappear once you stop? Or have some lessons stuck with you? I dont plan on quitting really anyway, but just wondering what would happen if I did.

Bula!
We'll just call you a quitter.

Totally kidding. Sometimes breaks are inevitable.

Likely you'll be just the same. The kava opens places within us. It rarely closes them even when we stop. If you drank kava specifically for ailments like anxiety it may return if you were seeing relief with kava. This is to be expected as kava acts only as a band-aid for anxiety. Chronic anxiety should seek professional help, as that is it's own brand of hell to endure.

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
We'll just call you a quitter.

Totally kidding. Sometimes breaks are inevitable.

Likely you'll be just the same. The kava opens places within us. It rarely closes them even when we stop. If you drank kava specifically for ailments like anxiety it may return if you were seeing relief with kava. This is to be expected as kava acts only as a band-aid for anxiety. Chronic anxiety should seek professional help, as that is it's own brand of hell to endure.
Haha well hopefully never comes to that and this post is irrelevant. I do take it for anxiety, but also the anxiety comes from some other issues that I feel Kava has helped bring up. So I'm hoping that it has actually healed some of my anxious patterns, even if its still a band aid for some

nashfire

Stay Rooted
I mainly get anxious when I'm running out of kava! I started drinking kava for bad back and joints and do notice pain return when I take a break. I def feel it more acutely for a couple days w/o kava initially, then the body adjusts...I don't typically take long breaks...hey I've been drinking coffee since I was 12 and I Know kava is way better for me! ::kavaleaf::::happyshell::

Hightide

Kava Enthusiast
interesting that kava helps your joint pain. do you just forget about it? Im hoping that my anxiety would adjust too if I stopped using it. I think i would only stop if there was a huge shortage or it became illegal or something, but with it becoming more popular, lets hope we are all good. Well with drinking coffee since you were 12 some kava might do you good haha

Russell Caruso

TravelingMan
Similar to what Kojo said, I get really bored. I find myself wanting a shell more-so just because I have nothing else to do, not because I'm actually desiring it. I think shelling has been a really consistent part of my almost-daily routine in life, and when I don't have a shell at night, things feel off. I'm someone who doesn't like change so sometimes, not having a shell can feel really weird and disrupt my whole routine. Physical effects though, I've hardly noticed anything from days off besides my skin not being as dry. I've never really had full on dermopathy from Kava, but I have definitely gotten cases of dry eyes, and that tends to go away when I quit.

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I noticed that when I am out of kava, I lack the bit of excitement I feel in the morning and the afternoon as I count down the hours until I drink it.