What's new

How long should one stop drinking kava in order to get out of the "kava funk?"

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
I drank kava daily for the past two weeks, and for the past few days, I have been feeling sluggish with a down mood. Maybe it is something else I am doing that is unrelated, or maybe it is the build-up of the kava. Has anyone else noticed this happening to them? And if so, any recommendations on how long to stop before resuming would be appreciated. I realize everyone is different, but would be good to hear from others. Thanks.

Go Krunk Yourself

Kava Enthusiast
I stop for week to two week increments occasioanlly when I feel I'm no longer benefiting greatly from it. I have had times where I feel I get "speedy" as a rebound effect when I'm doing it a lot so I stop for a few days and it's fine.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
Good topic. Even the Kavasseur deals with this problem. That being said, I can never tell if it's real (from the Kava) or imagined (psycho-somatic). I get into funks even when I haven't had Kava for weeks (which is rare to begin with). I do know that when I'm really krunking it to the max I can get really burned out and tired from Kava.

It would be interesting to hear other perspectives on this.

nashfire

Stay Rooted
Sometimes I do feel like I may be Too relaxed if over-shelling; a bit too much dulling of the edges, so a few days break helps a lot. ::kavaleaf:: ::happyshell:: ::shaka::