What's new

How much gramms for 90 kg man to feel krunk?

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
I think that it requires a full-fledged scientific study with at least dozen subjects, preferably an orderbof magnitude more; and even then if there is just one strain, it would be suspicious because at least heady effects can be difficult to feel (for me, at least). Kavas are different and people too.

It does not mean that kava does not work.

Darcy Jay Strutt

Kava Curious
I have found that I,(170lbs) require about 2-3 shells @ 2-3 tbsps of dried kava for the full krunk - while my similar sized friend needs about twice as much as me.

There are too many other factors that affect the bioavailability of kava besides body mass, such as set&setting, how much food you have in your stomach, your expectations and of course the type of blend of kava you are using.
It can take some time to dial in your dose.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I used to take 40 grams instant Fiji kava to feel it,
isnt that too much?
No. We have been known to take 50+ on a regular basis.
@Jacob Bula did you notice he said instant?! 40 grams of instant is quite a lot but not necessarily too much @Peppertrovecy

To answer the question, it takes whatever it takes to get me where I want to be. Some days that's more than others. I've noticed though that if I eat during a session I can keep going longer without getting nausea and so yes, I drink more kava after. I've had some pretty epic sessions recently, especially on the weekends.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
@Jacob Bula did you notice he said instant?! 40 grams of instant is quite a lot but not necessarily too much @Peppertrovecy

To answer the question, it takes whatever it takes to get me where I want to be. Some days that's more than others. I've noticed though that if I eat during a session I can keep going longer without getting nausea and so yes, I drink more kava after. I've had some pretty epic sessions recently, especially on the weekends.
OHHHHH; yea that's a lot :p

Fushi88

Kava Enthusiast
Haha, I was trippin reading some of the first responses thinking about how 40 grams of instant would have me in a coma for a week and people were talking like that's what they have with their breakfast for funsies.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Haha, I was trippin reading some of the first responses thinking about how 40 grams of instant would have me in a coma for a week and people were talking like that's what they have with their breakfast for funsies.
@Henry who really knows what he's talking about mentioned that 30g of instant is a solid session. Of course it depends on the instant but most of them are pretty similar in strength.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
I generally recommend 15g of instant (in 1-2 cups of water) as a good starting point. It's unlikely to overwhelm anyone and yet most people should feel some effects. But yes, for a more "solid" session, closer to 30g probably might work better, especially for heavier guys. By "solid" I mean a couple of hours of chilling with kava, not just having 1-2 shells to reset the worried mind after a busy day.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I generally recommend 15g of instant (in 1-2 cups of water) as a good starting point. It's unlikely to overwhelm anyone and yet most people should feel some effects. But yes, for a more "solid" session, closer to 30g probably might work better, especially for heavier guys. By "solid" I mean a couple of hours of chilling with kava, not just having 1-2 shells to reset the worried mind after a busy day.
Challenge accepted.